PDA

View Full Version : Business passenger

Kelas
8th Sep 2004, 18:45
Dear all,

Am currently doing a project about business passenger requirements & how airlines cater for these? Am also interested to hear is airlines make any special provisions for attracting female business passenger.

Any advice, comments or help would be great appreciated.

Kelas

L_T
9th Sep 2004, 09:06
Why would the airlines try to target the Female biz pax over the male pax?

If anything executives don't consider themselves male or female just executives. Over priced white collar workers...

Lufty catering to the Biz..

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/2002/2002-06-20-lufthansa-business.htm

KLM bizblue stuff

http://www.klm.com/uk_en/

Final 3 Greens
9th Sep 2004, 21:45
L_T

I am very expensive
But not overpriced

CargoOne
10th Sep 2004, 08:21
I would say that basically most of requirements has been met long time ago... Since then service was continuing to improve on longhaul and started to downgrade on shorthaul, I believe most of C-pax will agree with me (see LH tread on this forum).

The only thing which is needed but still not achieved across the industry is reliable and fast internet and email access inflight from pax own laptop computer and inflight phone/fax. Yes there are phones on longhaul but they are one-way only, you cannot be reached from the ground. I would like to see that at the time of ticketing you are assigned with the phone number then you can leave this number to colleagues/relatives/whoever may need it. Or at least something like a switchboard which can relay the call to passenger.

10th Sep 2004, 08:28
The only thing which is needed but still not achieved across the industry is reliable and fast internet and email access inflight from pax own laptop computer and inflight phone/fax.

The first time an airline has a cheap inflight phone system, is the last time I will fly with them.
It's bad enough on public trains, with people giving the rest of the pax the benefit of the conversation. Can you imagine the numerous cases of "air-rage" this will cause when some people are trying to sleep, and othere are constantly jabbering on the telephone.

Pegasus77
10th Sep 2004, 10:00
As a matter of fact Lufthansa is implementing broadband internet on all long haul aircraft, using WLAN-technology on board. Beginning 2005 it should be operational on the entire long haul fleet.

P77

CargoOne
10th Sep 2004, 10:09

Did I said "cheap"? No. I'm not looking for cheap phone. Current rates of $5-10 per minute are ok. What I'm looking for is an onboard phone allowing inbound calls and faxes.

Cyrano
10th Sep 2004, 11:38
Kelas:

If you have access to a university library, try this paper (from Cranfield):
Marketing to female business travellers
Alamdari, F., Burrell, J.
Journal of Air Transportation Worldwide
Vol. 5, No. 2, 2000

(no, I don't have a copy myself.)

C.

Memetic
10th Sep 2004, 18:42
Depending on howmany people you share the linik with the inflight broadband could possibly be used for voice over IP so something like Skype might make you all too contactable.

BEagle
11th Sep 2004, 17:54
1. NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS ALLOW IN-FLIGHT PHONES except from a closed booth similar to a lavatory. But that'd require removing some seats....

2. Higher levels of cabin service. LH used to have 4 cabin crew on 737s, now it's only 3. Service has suffered as a result.

3. Better in-flight meals than the cr@p which LH has introduced in their dumbed-down European Business Class this year!

4. The Business Class experience should extend from check-in to arrival hall. Thus decent, air-conditioned buses should be used for a/c on remote parking spots - not the crammed, lurching bone-shakers one normally has to use.

5. At least 36" seat pitch.

Momo
12th Sep 2004, 19:39
Well, once you have in-flight broadband, IP telephony is included. You can install Skype, at the very least, to have a free service.

In my view, C-class tickets, long and short-haul, should have a "feel good" factor attached to them. My feeling is that it has generally gone downhill short-haul, while improving long-haul. For example, there used to be a time when Swissair and KLM had large, fixed-width comfortable seats in C in Europe.

Momo

Ozzy
13th Sep 2004, 14:46
Am currently doing a project about business passenger requirements & how airlines cater for these? I find the price differential between premium economy (where available)and business mind bogglingly huge. Then to watch the free upgrades to the empty biz class seats to make space in the back for "cheaper" fares also puzzling. I am not a load planner, but it would seem to make sense to lower the biz class fare to help reduce the number of empty seats there instead of filling them with bums that paid less :)

Ozzy

Re-Heat
13th Sep 2004, 15:08
Look on flyertalk.com forums - full of business passengers there.

eal401
13th Sep 2004, 15:26
Over priced white collar workers...
That'll be the overpriced people who provide a significant chunk of revenue and consequently employment opportunities for crews?

Thought so. :rolleyes:

CargoOne
13th Sep 2004, 21:56
Momo

Well.. even if I know something about IP telephony, it is not a choise. It should be the classic phone with a phone number which can be easily called from the ground. It is just unreal to explain to everyone how they can reach me over IP telephony etc...