PDA

View Full Version : Online Manual of Air Traffic Services (MATS)

Sector3
10th Oct 2000, 14:29
I am trying to locate online versions of ICAO members states that have a Manual of Air Traffic Services (MATS), or equivalent.

If you are aware of an online version, posting of the URL would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Not Long Now
10th Oct 2000, 21:14
At last glance, the Terminal control MATS2 ran to around 750 pages, double-sided(for the most part)A4, and Area Control about twice that all in all. MATS 1 was about 350 pages I'm told. Ideal way would be to have an on-line version, or at least electronic, as it would make amendments so much quicker and easier.However this is NATS, so no, there isn't one, at least that anyone I know knows of.

Anyone fancy a few hundred hours of data entry?

Numpo-Nigit
10th Oct 2000, 21:33
The MATS part 2 for NERC (if it ever happens) is on a CD-ROM. I doubt, however, that it will ever be on-line as I'm sure that those parts relating to our relations with the boys and girls in various shades of blue are covered by some sort of security classification.

Roger That
10th Oct 2000, 22:30
The Scottish and Prestwick Oceanic ACCs MATS Part 2 is available on CD ROM internally. Beyond NATS employees, I would think that you would have little opportunity to view it as it is commercially restricted (IPR etc.)

In terms of MATS part 1 (generic for the UK) I would have a look at the SRG site of the UK CAA. Failing that, drop me a mail and I will forward the editor's e-mail address.

RT

MACC 29 all the time!!!!
11th Oct 2000, 11:27
MACC parts 2 is on CDrom as well but apart from being extremely user UNfriendly it also has things missing!!! Nothing new there then ;)

Four Seven Eleven
29th Oct 2000, 15:56
Airservices Austrlia (jointly with RAAF) has MATS online. Unforunately, it is only available via the company intranet.
Copies on CD may be available if you were to contact the Head Air Traffic Controller.

(PO Box 367, Canberra, ACT, 2601)

I don't know what the official attitude is about releasing the document outside Airservices, but it is worth a try.

LoLevel
29th Oct 2000, 16:56
Re: AUS MATS and MATSSI online. It is useful when doing an e-search, but it would be quite embarassing to be scrutinised publicly with all the contradictions, within itself and against AIP, CAO and CAR.

Nonetheless it would be healthy scrutinisation, and there may even be a few pilots who get answers as to why ATC have to do things the way they do, even if it appears illogical (which I am afraid sometimes it is!)

Re; The original question have you tried a search through www.icao.org (http://www.icao.org) ?

------------------
[email protected]
"The views expressed here are a personal rant and rave and in no way reflect the views of my employer/s "