PDA

View Full Version : Private flying hooligans

Mordacai
7th Sep 2004, 17:35
Hi

Before his re-incarnation, Mordacai used to be known as iainpoll.

In the 'old days' the hooligans on this forum used to go out drinking together quite a lot. The main hooligans were people like our leader BRL, FFF (Fu Fu), Bloke in Altissimus :} Peguina, amongst others.

I'm back in the UK until the end of the month before I have to disappear back to the USA.

Just wondered if anyone fancied a quiet beer thats all :\ :E :sad: :}

BRL
7th Sep 2004, 18:09
Yea, I am up for it, just say when and where....... :ok:

FlyingForFun
7th Sep 2004, 20:33
Well, I'm slightly disadvantaged, due to living around 250 miles from everyone else you've mentioned, and working weekends. I'd be far more likely to make it for a drink in winter, when there's less work than summer..... or midweek, when I'm often in London visiting family/friends anyway.

Alternatively, we could have the first (I think) North of Watford Gap Private Flying bash? I can always spare a bit of floor space - or if you soft southerners ;) aren't up to kipping on my floor, cheap accomodation can usually be found for around £15/night around here!

FFF
-------------

PS - Talking of hooligans, though, let's take a moment to remember lost friends. Whatever happened to Grim Reaper 14 - the ultimate Private Flying hooligan? I don't believe we've been kicked out of a single pub since he stopped drinking with us!

Penguina
7th Sep 2004, 21:57
I...Iainpoll? Is that you? My God, what have they done to you?! :uhoh:

Well, I have no problem with midweek or Blackpool, personally. Or any other way.

Though I might be away next week...

If you make it midweek, you might get to meet FFFette, which I promise would make it worthwhile.

NinjaBill
7th Sep 2004, 22:17
A blackpool pissup?

Woooooohoooooo

count me in

Mordacai
7th Sep 2004, 23:00
Yeah, blackpool, why not?

Can BRL make it that far I wonder?

M

Kolibear
8th Sep 2004, 06:56
BRL is a scouser, so Blackpool is just round the corner for him.

In Altissimus
8th Sep 2004, 08:53
:}

cheap accomodation can usually be found for around £15/night around here! is that with the hubcap removal service - or without?

I'll need to put the dentist in credit first:} :} :}

FullyFlapped
8th Sep 2004, 09:26
Not being one of the "old Hooligans crowd" I hesitate to venture this suggestion ... but if you guys are throwing the invitation out to new Prooners too, I'm certainly up for hopping over the Pennines to partake of a tincture or two ... kind of a Northern Prooning Bash perhaps ?

Who knows, there may be other shy and retiring types like myself ;) who would fancy a dabble ? A chance for us newer types to put a face - or whatever part of the anatomy is visible, we've all had nights in Blackpool like that! :O - to some of the more famous (infamous?) Prooners !

FF :ok:

Mordacai
8th Sep 2004, 10:16
New hooligans just as welcome as old ones :)

FeistyFlyingFox
8th Sep 2004, 10:32
Hey there Mordacai

Just thought I'd say hello, being FFF's girlfirend n all....!!

FFF v1.2

;)

===========

Mordacai
8th Sep 2004, 12:07
Hi there FFF V 1.2.

Nice to meet ya...:cool:

G SXTY
8th Sep 2004, 12:16
Just wondered if anyone fancied a quiet beer
Naahh, can't be the iainpoll I used to know . . .

Would love to join the party mate, but I'll be stuck in a classroom not a million miles from Bristol. :uhoh:

I'll be thinking of you all - promise you'll be good this time?

gingernut
8th Sep 2004, 15:02
would love to meet up in Blackpool, can I bring the Mrs ?

TheKentishFledgling
8th Sep 2004, 16:53
Can't justify coming to Blackpool, but if anyone fancies a London get together sometime, I'd be well up for that ;)

tKF

FlyingForFun
8th Sep 2004, 17:40
Well, it seems like there might be a bit of interest in a North-West Seaside bash for us Private Flying types.

So, those of you who have said you're interested (and yes, Gingernut, the Mrs is welcome as long as she doesn't mind hanging around a bunch of drunken pilots!) - would you prefer a midweek, probably Tuesday or Wednesday, in which case let's party! Or do you prefer a weekend, in which case I'll be able to join you for a few beers in the evening, but only a few, and only in the evening, because I'll be working?

Once I get a few more responses about what people want, I'll try to set something up - probably for October or early in November (plenty of time to recover before GatBash!)

FFF
--------------

benhurr
8th Sep 2004, 18:00
More than happy to bring a load up from East Midlands airport, room for 7 pax if need be.

Might have to contribute a few quid mind towards the landing fee and parking

dublinpilot
8th Sep 2004, 19:42
If the weather would play ball, I'd love to fly over if on a weekend. Not available the 1st weekend in oct though.

dp

G SXTY
8th Sep 2004, 21:58
So how did this thread end up with a one star rating? Have the bar staff from a certain pub on the Thames suddenly got voting rights? :)

BRL
8th Sep 2004, 22:04
Excellent, the ball is rolling...!

If it is going to be midweek then I can only do a wed as my roster is two days off a week, 'mon-tues', then the following week 'wed-thurs',then the following week 'fri-sat', long weekend every third week so a wed or a weekend would be ok.

In Oct, i am off '8, 9, 10, 11, 12' then '20, 21', then '29, 30, 31' and '1, 2' November.

November is '10, 11', then '19, 20, 21, 22, 23'.

So, based on the above, could we sort something around these dates please?... :)

If anyone is going, flying from the south or London area, then give us a shout and we can split the costs or something.

Fu-Fu, can I claim a space in your place for the night please? :)

Have the bar staff from a certain pub on the Thames suddenly got voting rights?
Possibly but I bet they don\'t fly Emirates..!! :D :D :D

FullyFlapped
10th Sep 2004, 12:17
Count me in for just about any of those mid-week dates !

FF :ok:

mazzy1026
11th Sep 2004, 11:03
I am there but will will be driving, so you will have to put up with a boring t-total :ok:

BRL
11th Sep 2004, 11:26
Ok, so we need a date for this, give an option or two, a poll will be put up for a week and see how it goes.

There will also be one in London too around abouts the same time.

Mordacai
11th Sep 2004, 14:00
Hi guys,

I am going back to Florida on 30 Sept, probably for at least a year.

Can anyone fit in a weekday night in London, maybe OBOE or similar?

Sure it would be a gas, maybe even try to get chucked out again:}

Mordacai
Pale Rider.

BRL
11th Sep 2004, 14:38
How about Sat 9th Oct for Blackpool.?

FlyingForFun
12th Sep 2004, 18:52
Ok then, let's try to get something moving here!

Suggested dates for a Blackpool Bash - please indicate which you can/can't make, and an order of preference:

<Dates deleted - see my later post for new dates>

Hopefully that's a large enough selection that we'll be able to find one that suits most people (sorry, Mordacai, not enough time to arrange anything before you go back, but if you fancy popping up here any time for a quiet beer just let me know!)

One thing to bear in mind is that Blackpool is full of tourists right now because the illuminations are on. So anyone wanting a hotel room will need to get it sorted out pretty soon.

FFF
-------------

Penguina
13th Sep 2004, 17:04
Most of those dates look good to me FFF and I'd probably be up for it - I'll monitor this thread and see.

However, before this gets totally hijacked by the northerners, should we try and organise a low-key London-based gathering before Iai... Mordacai disappears?

Seeing as I work in the area, I'd for one would probably show my face. OBOE would be fine.

:cool:

Oops, just seen the new thread.... sorry, I've been away for a few days taking the sea air...

mazzy1026
14th Sep 2004, 14:57
Thanks FFF - any Saturday is good for me - I will bring my fluffy white sheep too :p

Maz

Keef
14th Sep 2004, 16:35
Mordacai? My goodness me, how things change as time passes.
Have a great boozeup!

Life is a tad hectic here at the moment, so I dunno if I could get to a London bash, but I'll be thinking of you in London and Florida.

dublinpilot
22nd Sep 2004, 10:43
Well, I'd vote for Oct 6th, as I can't make it on the 16th.......not mid week.......and lets pray for good weather on the 6th!

FlyingForFun
22nd Sep 2004, 13:01
Ok, first of all sorry for not getting off my lazy backside and arranging something!

Now then, it seems that weekends are preferred. However, of the two weekends I originally suggested, one is now extremely close. And the other is out due to my brother's engagement party being that weekend!

So - here's a date for your diaries: Saturday 13th November.

Please don't reply on this thread - I have started a new thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145724), since it will probably help to keep this bash separate from any London bash which might be organised.

FFF
--------------