PDA

View Full Version : Drinking and controlling...

Not Long Now
8th Oct 2000, 15:25
From The Daily Telegraph yesterday,

"The introduction of drink tests for pilots is being prepared by the Government following the grounding by British Airways of 11 flight crew for alleged breaches of alcohol regulations.
The Department of Environment, Transport and the Regions said it will bring in legislation making it an offence for crew to report for duty with even a quarter of the alcohol level allowed for motorists. The legal limit, which will also apply to cabin crew, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLERS,and maintenance engineers, will be 20 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood.

Aviation officials say this is a zero limit, though some leeway has to be allowed because of the possible presence of small amounts of alcohol occurring naturally in the body."

Give the MODplod on the gate something to do I suppose, "Can I see your pass, and would you just blow into this please..."

MACC 29 all the time!!!!
8th Oct 2000, 17:59
Zero tolerance, in that case I guess even more people will be going sick due to slight colds wouldn't want to take and cold/cough remedies and be over the limit would we!!!!

avagander
10th Oct 2000, 04:52
Anybody know how one can increase the amount of alcohol naturally occurring in the bloodstream? Think of the money you'd save!@

BuzzLightyear
15th Oct 2000, 05:38
Don't forget that even Lemsip is a banned substance according to Medical branch! Get a cold and have a few days rest!!! :)

------------------
To infinity and beyond