PDA

View Full Version : Inverness Fly-In Sept 11

WestWind1950
7th Sep 2004, 07:52
On this coming Saturday, some of Pink_Aviator's fans are getting together to celebrate her having successfully passed her skills test and to just get to meet each other. Anyone else wishing to join us is heartily welcome to come!

If you're flying in on Saturday, Sept. 11, we'll be at the airport in the afternoon and you can have the opportunity to try Pinkster's famous short bread. :p

Westy

Pink_aviator
8th Sep 2004, 14:25
Thanks WESTY for the invite ,

Looks like we are going to have plenty of shortbread to scoff together .

I am taking you on a flight over SKIBO castle first , and will have to give EASY JET and BA a wide birth when I rejoin ,
as I know a few are cheating and flying in with the heavy mob . TEHEE .

THE PINKSTER .

WestWind1950
10th Sep 2004, 17:42
Well, tomorrow's the day! Unfortunately the weather is changing, but I won't give up hope :p

Westy

LowNSlow
12th Sep 2004, 06:52
So how did it go then peeps?

Pink_aviator
12th Sep 2004, 15:31
Hi my old friend LOWnSLOW

Long time no see , but not forgotten you .

I presume your exscuse for not coming is you are out of the country .

WELL the fly in was great , except people cheated with EASY JET AND BA teehee.

A full report can be read on the pinkaviator site .

(sorry BRL , I do not mean to advertise it , but if folks wanted to read about it , then the report is there .)

Westy who travelled from GERMANY ( and got slooshed , WELL A BIT as did MAD JOCK ) , Will probably wish to report on here on her safe return home .

I got to fly at least to my own fly in in the tommy. VIA the black isle and lochness .

Sorry you didn't make it , YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE , the weather was against us , BUT WHAT A NIGHT , rounded off in a scottish pub with a CEILIDH, thanks to MJ suggestion .

THE PINKSTER .

Think I may have a picture .

WestWind1950
13th Sep 2004, 14:24
Yes it was GREAT!!!! and worth all the return hassels with BA (changing from Gatwick to Heathrow and then not being able to drop off my suitcase because I was TO EARLY!! long story, sorry folks.....).

Anyway, I for one had a great visit in Edinburgh with a Ppruness and then nearly a week with her Pinkness and SURVIVED :p I even flew with her in "her" cute little Thomahawk... survived that too :cool: actually she did quite well ... just has to do it more often!

I enjoyed meeting the othr Pinklers and we all got along grand! I haven't had time to write up my report yet... haven't even unpacked my suitcase yet ;)

More, like she said, on her own website.... (her extended writing abilities seem not to fit Pprune standards heehee)

Westy