PDA

View Full Version : NavCanada

Partenavia
16th Oct 2001, 11:18
Does anyone know if NavCanada is still hiring? Esp, after sep 11.
What are the chances of being referred by SHL having passed the Aptitude and Interview stages?

Thanks in advance for your responce(s).

:rolleyes:

The Misfits
17th Oct 2001, 00:49
I believe they are still hiring as there are tests taking place as we speak with several candidates from LATCC...so go for it!

ex-EGLL
17th Oct 2001, 05:25
From what we have been told, controller recruitment has been cut by 30%. Not sure about the SHL reference, my guess is it would not count for too much, they like to do their own thing.

Partenavia
17th Oct 2001, 10:00
Thanks for your inputs.
The reason I ask was because I thought SHL was the only provider of recruits to NavCanada. I passed the tests and interview (Interview was on Sep 11 - What luck hey?) with SHL and now its a waiting game I gather.
I was just curious as to whether NavCanada is still pushing for the previously planned staffing levels, but since Sep 11 I have a bad feeling that its all put on hold for now.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Cheers.

ex-EGLL
18th Oct 2001, 01:33
Well If I apply management logic (?) we were aiming for 105% staffing, we're probably around 80-90% right now, the airlines are decreasing by 25% therefore we are overstaffed!!

Seriously though, the numbers we have heard in briefings given to the plebs is a cutback of 30% on the intake until end of this fiscal (August 02). As far as I know, there have been no other changes to the rules. I must confess I was not aware of the SHL connection, it's a long time since I had anything to do with recruitment, but if thats how it was, then that's probably how it still is. Go for it, nothing ventured nothing gained