PDA

View Full Version : Air passenger's fury over box comment

LTNman
5th Sep 2004, 21:52
Olive oil is reckoned to be one of the healthier additives to cooking, but for one holidaymaker returning to Luton, it could certainly have caused a surge in blood pressure.

A baggage handler working for the Luton-based economy airline easyJet at London Luton Airport, reckoned that the three tins, weighing just 15 kilos, were more than he should cope with.

In a fit of rage, he scribbled obscene graffiti on the box complaining about the weight.

Jeremy Tatham, 55, of Beech Road, Dunstable, was returning to Luton with his Spanish wife, and was astonished to find the offending words scrawled on the box of olive oil. He said: "Just what sort of an image does this project for the airport when people fly in?

"If I had been Spanish or whatever, I would have thought 'what sort of scumbags work here?'."

Written on the box were the words: "The f****** weight of this!! You b*****d."
Jeremy asked: "Doesn't this say something about the people who are employed by airlines at the airport?

"The management really need to get hold of things like this and find out what is happening.

"I am a paying customer and something like this generates a hugely negative impression."

He went on: "It is not as though the box was hugely heavy. It weighs about 15 kilos, or about 30 pounds. I am 55 years old and 11 stone, and I have no trouble carrying it.

"Surely, it shouldn't be too much for a baggage handler."

A spokeswoman for easyJet said: "This is obviously an unacceptable way to treat a passenger and we will be investigating.

"It is clear that it happened at this end rather than in Spain because it was written in English."

London Luton Airport does not handle baggage handling itself, and the work is carried out by independent companies on behalf of the major airlines.

Final 3 Greens
6th Sep 2004, 10:35
"It is clear that it happened at this end rather than in Spain because it was written in English." Absolutely - Johhny Foreigner couldn't possibly write in English could he?:mad:

In fact, given the language that many of our tourists use in Spain, a baggage handler across there might well assume this form of words was quite normal :}

witchdoctor
6th Sep 2004, 16:05
Shouldn't be too hard to track down any baggage handler able to write, let alone spell!

Sorry guys, couldn't resist.;)