PDA

View Full Version : Info re EGKK landings and deps

WX Man
4th Oct 2000, 17:38
Just a couple of questions on Gatwick's arrivals, wondering if anyone familiar with Gatwick can advise me:

What is the minimum separation (time) when RVR is >1000m?

I am also wondering how I would get statistics for the numbers of landings per hour from 1990 to 1998- do NATS at Gatwick keep records, and how might I be able to access the information if they do?

vertigo
7th Oct 2000, 12:50
If IRVR is below 600m or cloud ceiling below 200'. Low visibility procedures come in to force. The minimum distance between landing a/c is 6 miles (occasionally 5.5) or 9-10 miles if there is a departure to go between.6 miles at 160 kts is about 2 and a half minutes. If IRVR is greater than 1000m then spacing could be as tight as 3 miles or about 1 minute 20 seconds.
Gatwick Airport limited may have records of movements going back that far, or they may refer you to NATS 'McBean counters' at Gatwick.

WX Man
8th Oct 2000, 15:12
Thank you for that info, will give them a call tomorrow.

WX Man
9th Oct 2000, 14:13
GULP! The CAA are the people I get the data from, and they want £185 minimum for it!

They have pointed me to their website where I can download some stuff- not nearly to the detail that I require though (by month rather than by hour).

Does anyone know of alternative sources?

Lurk R
10th Oct 2000, 03:42
Anoraks???

WX Man
15th Oct 2000, 17:57
Tried the anoraks. They spotting data is a bit sporadic- tends to be focussed on unusual events. What I'm after is a contigous set of data, especially whe low vis procedures are in use. anoraks don't seem to have much data when low vis prevails.