PDA

View Full Version : Firefly checklist/FRCs

tmmorris
3rd Sep 2004, 18:02
It seems no-one manufactures a checklist for the Firefly - is that right? I've tried all the usual suspects to no avail.

Failing that, anyone have a spare set of FRCs knocking about? Otherwise I'll have to borrow the POH and make my own from there. I find the FRCs (which are in the plane I hire) difficult to read and long-winded - need something snappy and to the point.

Tim

maggioneato
3rd Sep 2004, 20:00
I have a checklist for the T67B. I got it direct from Slingsby many moons ago. It's laminated, so does'nt look as scruffy as most of my check lists. If it's of any use. PM and it's yours.

Halfbaked_Boy
3rd Sep 2004, 21:08
Yeah, does anyone know of a place you can perhaps 'purchase' a download for the T67? I know one may come in handy for me as I am doing a bit more flying in the Firefly now. :)

Rgrds,

Jack

MikeeB
5th Sep 2004, 20:01
Me too.

I rang Slingsby in the end and they quoted me over £125 !!!!!

I'm happy to pay for such things, but that's a complete pi55 take.

rotatrim
5th Sep 2004, 20:05
Babcock at Barkston Heath operates the DEFTS fleet of Fireflies - would they sell you a checklist?

Atlas Shrugged
6th Sep 2004, 00:03
There may be something of use here:

http://www.esscoaircraft.com/

AS

tmmorris
6th Sep 2004, 07:00
maggioneato has kindly offered me hers, so my immediate problem is solved. Sadly EsscoAircraft weren't able to help, though Babcock could be worth a try.

Once I've got the original FRCs I'm putting together a checklist in the style of the AFE ones I'm used to (as a Word document) - anyone interested PM me and I'll email you a copy once it's finished. You'll need to print it onto card and cut the pages to the right size as they are all different...

Tim

Lomcovaks
6th Sep 2004, 14:47
I don't know if it trumps it but I did my ppl on a T67C (for £60 p/hr wet!!) and have the checklist still amongst my artefacts.

You're welcome to have a copy of it should it be of assistance

Lom

Dusty_B
6th Sep 2004, 14:52
I also have a set of FRC's that I bought direct from Slingsby just before my Skills Test. I paid £25 for mine.

I can offer them on to anyone else that may need them.

DB6
6th Sep 2004, 18:26
What mark of Firefly? I used to work for JEFTS and have some 260 ones somewhere which I may be able to scan if you have no joy elsewhere.

tmmorris
7th Sep 2004, 07:54
T67C. Aren't all the DEFTS ones T67Ms? the C is the low-powered variant (actually a bit feeble for aerobatics). However I think I'm OK as maggioneato has posted a set to me which I hope will arrive today. Thanks for the offer, though.

Tim

MikeeB
7th Sep 2004, 17:29
I'm after a T67M and the MKII version.

If you have either, and don't need them, I'm quite happy to pay you for them !!! :)

JUMP
5th Oct 2005, 08:00
Does anyone still have any of these by any chance? I knwo the post is over a year old but I would love to get a copy of these. Anyone?? Please??

Piltdown Man
5th Oct 2005, 11:53
Do you really need a checklist for a simple aircraft? I'm sure a quick search would provide many useful, easy to remember lists that could be committed to memory (like BUMPFITCH).

Aeronut
5th Oct 2005, 12:37
Piltdown man

Simple aircraft, well yes perhaps, but the T67 has some idiosyncrasies that warrant a bespoke checklist, especially the canopy lock checks, as a result of some coming open in flight.

Far better to have the right checklist IMHO especially for those learning on the beast.

I have a copy of T67B checklist somewhere if anyone needs it.

Piltdown Man
6th Oct 2005, 21:51
How complicated can a canopy be? One two locks, three locks, maybe a special secret code. Please, if bug smasher has been allowed out in the public's domain, it can't be (mustn't be) that complicated!

Aeronut
7th Oct 2005, 11:20
How complicated?

well not really, but it was decided that additional checks would avoid recurrence of the great big air brake flopping open over your head in flight.

I'll dig out the reports whilst you go flying without a checklist.

maggioneato
7th Oct 2005, 14:32
I had a checklist, the one I sent to tmmorris, which I always followed to the letter. I checked the hooks were attached and locked to the bar, still the canopy came open. It didn't bounce around during run up. I am still convinced it was locked. At least reading from a checklist I know I didn't forget to check. I survived, obviously. At that time I took a chance and sent cash to Slingsby to get the checklist otherwise there was a minimum invoice cost of some stupid ammount.