View Full Version : FRENCH DO IT BETTER....

BULBIZARRE
12th Dec 2000, 23:47
GOOD EVENING FROM CDG ATC.
French pilots say that,at LHR,they are always behind BAW,and that you are not fair.
Your opinion?

Numpo-Nigit
13th Dec 2000, 00:10
Monsieur Bulbizarre

What a provocative post!!! Of course, in the same manner, all British pilots believe that at CDG Air France get priority. The truth is, I suspect, that at Heathrow there are more British Airways flights than any other, and at CDG there are more Air France flights. So, it is easy to believe in favouritism because you are always behind a home-based aircraft! If you are really a controller at CDG, you will, of course, realise that it makes life too, too difficult to have favourites! Bonne soirée!!!

[This message has been edited by Numpo-Nigit (edited 12 December 2000).]

Spotter
13th Dec 2000, 00:31
You're 'avin a larf monsieur!

Proceed As Cleared
13th Dec 2000, 01:26
Un peu bizarre, ça. :)

Chilli Monster
13th Dec 2000, 01:42
Monsieur

At least the AFR KNOW they are behind BAW at LHR, due to the same language being used ;)

pas de confusion - n'est pas

get'em to heaven & back
13th Dec 2000, 06:36
monsieurs, je suis tres deplume, je pensais que ce histoir ci est de les "strikes" qui les francaises sont so good at- (too difficult, this froggy thing, that must be why english is the mother of phraseology!)

BULBIZARRE
13th Dec 2000, 12:01
I agree with the first answer.
We can t waste our time giving priority for based company.
So ,maybe they re wrong ,you ARE FAIR :-)
Something else I d like to say:
AFR pilots sometimes say:"english approach controllers are very strict:220 kts far of the field,early descent" and they find it very efficient.Coming back to CDG,when they are too fast or too high,they say"you should go to LHR!"

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
13th Dec 2000, 13:26
Nothing unusual here at all... this rubbish has been going on for yonks. Some BA pilots reckon BM are given priority and - guess what? - some BM chaps reckon they're gazumped by BA! I've taken a number of irate phone calls from such people - and from Air France blokes who think they've been stitched up - and they seem to be utterly bereft of commonsense or reason. They seem to think that "bottom of the stack is next to land" but one's vertical position in a holding pattern does not necessarily determine one's order for landing. We have to juggle vortex categories to get the best landing rate and traffic may have been held prior to the TMA holding areas.

I wish to God, once and for all, that these people would understand that Heathrow ATC - like all UK ATC - IS IMPARTIAL. Is that really too difficult to comprehend??

Numpo-Nigit
13th Dec 2000, 22:54
But how long will we be allowed to be impartial when we have a new owner?? I've heard stories of thinly-veilled threats to Aerodrome controllers at Plymouth because they delayed a Brymon departure for good ATC reasons. It's a slippery slope, this privatisation...........

ATCO Two
13th Dec 2000, 22:57
Trouble is that AFR are very good at not obeying instructions to the letter at EGLL. Like not maintaining 160 kts to 4DME, but slowing down far earlier and causing go arounds and late runway switches. Also they are not very good with conditional push backs or pushing onto the inner taxiway when so cleared. Could be a communication problem, or maybe just a Gallic shrug, who knows! Unfortunatetly they are getting a bit of a reputation, I'll say no more.....

The Prime Minister
13th Dec 2000, 23:17
Let me put this fact straight.
I fly airplanes and I work in ATC (not a controller). There is NO PRIORITY system in this country. Our controllers are IMPARTIAL. They do not have time to go"I think I'll put good old BA first and put the airfrance behind because this is our national flag carrier". Our controllers do a DAMN GOOD JOB, and I wished these stupid topics stop raising there ugly head.

Fancy saying that the Air France is always behind a BA aircraft at EGLL, what a DIPSTICK.

Oh yes, why was I always behind an americian pilot last time I was flying in the US......................

FREQSEPARATOR
14th Dec 2000, 08:54
NUMPO, those stories of EGHD must be old ones. Brymon are the only scheduled airline
at EGHD, so get priority by the fact there
is nobody else to get in the way. Having said
that they do get a bit teasey when (rare as it may be) they are held on the ground or have to hold, usually
due to the constraints of the procedural system or another Brymon is blocking the stand.