PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic Inteference on sectors

Gimpus Major
12th Oct 2001, 22:06
I am wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar problem...

Sitting on a sector for 90 minutes, I began to notice a tingling sensation underneath my shirt.
Having recently had my nipple pierced, I presumed it was just a slight irritation.
Since that time though, I have noticed the same sensation every time I am sat infront of a radar display.
Over about an hour, the feeling goes from slight sensitivity to what can only be described as a magnetic attraction to the screen. My nipples become quite pronounced and aroused. Infact, when I pull out (my headset lead), they go down again.
Is this attributable to my body adornment, or is there a more sinister reason ?
Should I notify the Doc. when I go for my next medical ?
I have tried using some of the baby powder I use to line my latex body suit, but it seems to have no beneficial effect.
I have also tried sitting close to my TV at home whilst watching a video a friend with a PO box number as an address sent me, but the effect is not the same.
I do hope someone can provide an answer.
Cheers everyone
Gimpus ;)

Steep Approach
13th Oct 2001, 00:17
Gimpus

Can I suggest the next time you experience this problem that you inform TELS. They would probably like to do some checks on you with a high voltage insulation tester.

:eek: :eek:

160to4DME
13th Oct 2001, 00:20
<<<<<<<<< In creases on the floor

Haven't laughed so much in ages.

How's the For Sale book coming along ?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Captain Windsock
13th Oct 2001, 03:11
In TC there is definately a problem with aroused nipples. I always thought it to be something to do with pockets of cold air unless you know better. :D :D :D :D

bagpuss lives
13th Oct 2001, 04:24
:D :D :D :D :D

First the Ops room, then the "For Sale" book.........and now our beloved PPRuNE!

Is nowhere safe for our Blackpudlian colleague? I wonder if he's on here?

LOVE IT :D

[ 13 October 2001: Message edited by: niteflite01 ]

MACC 29 all the time!!!!
13th Oct 2001, 14:59
Ahhhhhhh do you find it happens more on sector 29 than any of the others? If so that may explain the funny electrical burning smell down there the other afternoon? Electrical static heating a PVC vest, maybe not something to do with the batteries as tel's assumed after all!! :)

[ 13 October 2001: Message edited by: MACC 29 all the time!!!! ]

Gimpus Major
13th Oct 2001, 15:44
MACC Sector 29

Nope, that was my jump leads; I put them in my bag whilst they were still warm; they contacted with my "Heidi and her goat herd doll (batteries not included)."
The rest is history. :D
Yours
Gimpus

BOAC
13th Oct 2001, 17:41
Com'on Gimpus - which sector? I'll even ask for a re-route!

Loki
13th Oct 2001, 20:37
I think your problem arises(pun intended) from being on the sector for 90 mins. I always find that complaining about the length of time one has been plugged in (somewhat inflated claim )gets one away before such problems manifest themselves.

Alternatively one could try wearing a vest with a Faraday cage incorporated in the garment at the nipple area. My underpants were modified in a similar way a while back and embarrassing bulges are now a thing of the past. Either that or I`m just not the excitable type.

Northumbrian
13th Oct 2001, 22:22
I'm sure you've noticed that one or two of your colleaques could give you a couple of pointers ! :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes:

TC_LTN
13th Oct 2001, 23:33
I am rushing out to get that 'Prince Albert' done before next cycle. Thanks for the tip!

Flick the switch
14th Oct 2001, 22:45
Said the prostitute to the leper.....

chiglet
15th Oct 2001, 00:02
At least, I'm safe on "Pennine"....for the time being :eek: :rolleyes: , I hope :D
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy