PDA

View Full Version : Air Atlantique DC3 @ Sherburn in Elmet.

fonawah
2nd Sep 2004, 09:32
Went flying on Saturday from my home field, Sherburn in Elmet and I saw an Air Atlantique DC3 outside one of the hangars. Its port side prop was off and it looked like some engineering work was being done on it. Does anyone know how it ended up in Sherburn? I'm just curious.

Moderators, I hope I posted in the right forum. Maybe this should have been in "Questions"?

NinjaBill
2nd Sep 2004, 10:05
2nd Hand Info....

It was attending the 40th anniversary club day a couple of weeks ago, and smoke was seen coming out of the port engine.

Landed and engine was found to have cracked/split/done something to one of the pistons, so engine was removed, to be repaired. AC was expected to be there 2 or 3 days, about 2 weeks ago. :)

NB

RotorheadUK
2nd Sep 2004, 12:55
I believe the DC3 was used for charter work at the Elvington Air Show on the 21st/22nd August, and when departed had an oil leak (or other malfunction in the engine) and had to divert into Sherburn to get it sorted. Thats what I heard anyway!

fonawah
2nd Sep 2004, 13:09
NinjaBill & RotorheadUK,
many thanks for your replies.

Northern Highflyer
2nd Sep 2004, 13:27
The DC3 had attended the Breitling / Anniversary celebrations at Sherburn. When it came to depart an oil leak was discovered. The engineers from Coventry have been and removed the engine for repair. It still looks impressive with only one engine.