PDA

View Full Version : What's your traffic doing?

Cuddles
10th Oct 2001, 15:29
We hear that traffic is down by as much as 20%, but how much of that is management 'timetogetridofpeople' speak?

What are your traffic figures like?

Dan Dare
10th Oct 2001, 15:59
After initial little change, seem to have had 10% downturn. Don't think that the downturn here will last long though.

macduff
10th Oct 2001, 17:19
Increased 14% in September.

The Fat Controller
10th Oct 2001, 19:04
The ScOACC figures as of last week:
Oceanic down around 1%, but forecast to fall quite a lot come the change to winter schedules at the end of the month.
Domestic traffic up 7%, and most of that due to GO, Easyjet and Ryanair....management did not forecast any downturn in domestic traffic, but with the increase in capacity to Belfast and Dublin from the Scottish TMA I'm sure something will give.
I certainly can vouch for the Edinburgh figures, lots more holding at TWEED to come !

NextLeftAndCallGround
10th Oct 2001, 21:26
Drawback is, how full are all these airplanes?

One might reasonably expect summer charters to continue (tickets sold long before planes are booked)and European schedules carry on as normal for as long as possible (so as not to talk down the industry further). But....if they're empty or people aren't booking their winter hols what will happen in the winter season?

The question is valid but the answer needs both movement and passenger stats.

Cuddles
11th Oct 2001, 02:46
But surely, if the loads aren't there, neither will the aircraft be? Basic economics should see to that.

Shouldn't it? :confused:

[edited due to dylxsxa dilxs spelling]

[ 10 October 2001: Message edited by: Cuddles ]

[ 11 October 2001: Message edited by: Cuddles ]

Avman
11th Oct 2001, 20:26
Seems to be busy as ever for us but I don't have official figures yet. I think that intra-European traffic will not be affected too much (although interlining long haul pax must affect some loads) as long as nothing happens over here. If any significant terrorist action takes place in Europe then that will kill air travel here too. Time to buy shares in the railways and bus companies perhaps?

Whipping Boy's SATCO
12th Oct 2001, 09:07
Seems to have picked up a bit - but we are a military airfield!

divingduck
12th Oct 2001, 18:25
Well here in the middle east we have had an increase of at least 20-25% of thru flight long haul stuff...all avoiding Afghan airspace...add to that a "fair" number of military types heading northeast and it has made for some very interesting times... :eek: :eek: :eek:

WetFeet
13th Oct 2001, 12:42
Firstly you have to compare numbers with the same period last year. That way the change to winter schedules can be ignored. Secondly, ignore the three or four days after Sept 11th as that can't be compared. After all that, on the N Atlantic, in the last 30 days, only three or four days busier than last year. The rest quieter, some by as little as 1%, some by 12% or more. It is very variable, but overall a definite decrease in traffic. Can't say about the number of pax on each flight, haven't had the nerve to ask an airline yet. At this stage I guess that would be confidential while they try to work out how to address the problem.