View Full Version : Say again?

Checksix
9th Dec 2000, 16:53
I have the utmost respect for the men and women who guide us thru the approaches around London. Just one request. If we have to clarify an instruction, please refrain from placing the 'edge'in your voice to show your undoubted frustration. We all know why clarification is sought, and appreciate the time lost for a busy controller, but the consequences of not clarifying an instruction are surely worse. I'm afraid this post is more for the ladies among you - not being sexist here, just from what i've seen and heard.
(I am now ducking in readiness for the onslaught that is undoubtedly coming!)
Oh, and one last thing before you fry me. You really are the best in the world.

Numpo-Nigit
9th Dec 2000, 18:38
Checksix

If you've got (or had) a wife/girlfriend/daughter, then you should recognise the "I've told you once..." effect - it's just life !!!

daft fader
10th Dec 2000, 01:45
sorry, but please understand that if I`ve got a list of about six things I need to say and only a short time in which to say them before it becomes seven or eight, then I do tend to get a bit sharp. However, your point is taken and I`ll try harder. I know what you mean about the ladies, bless em.

10th Dec 2000, 13:24
I tend only to put the edge in my voice when I have to repeat it 3 or 4 times or repeat every instrution to a particular pilot.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
10th Dec 2000, 14:59
It is definitely NOT one-sided CheckSix.. In 29 years of winding jets around London I have lost count of the times I have had to request a read-back and received a snooty response. Actually I just re-counted and it's seven million two hundred and thirty eight thousand and seventeen times. (Mummy told me 50 billion times not to exagerrate). Merry Crimble!

3rd Runway
11th Dec 2000, 23:53
On a similar thread, part of the problem may be similar callsigns.

Example. two days ago in the LAM hold, at the same time:

SAS 511
SAS 515
SAS 525

I thought we had got away from this rubbish.

Magnetron
15th Dec 2000, 08:14
Hi 3rd R/W i thought it was only BMA who had the same C?S on the same arrival at any one time
1073 etc etc etc