PDA

View Full Version : Ouch ! Dutch fuel prices

FullyFlapped
1st Sep 2004, 13:13
I had occasion to refuel at Rotterdam Airport last week, and was vaguely horrified to be charged E 1.97 per litre !

Is this a European record ?

FF :ok:

bookworm
1st Sep 2004, 18:48
No. I paid EUR 2.01/l at Maastricht on Monday. :eek:

Mark 1
2nd Sep 2004, 12:41
You could have saved some money.
Midden Zeeland is "only" 1.96 Euro/litre

2Donkeys
2nd Sep 2004, 13:27
Netherlands with its powerful green lobby was never particularly pro-GA. The recent increasing use of "mandatory handling" and the astronomical fuel prices are making it totally undesirable to fly there. Looks like the Greens may be winning.

2D

stuartforrest
2nd Sep 2004, 16:27
...and they make their beer all frothy and then scrape the froth off the top so you only get half a glass. Eindhoven very kindly charged me huge landing and handling fees for a diversion in terrible weather. Good old aviation!!!

BEagle
2nd Sep 2004, 17:07
Sshhnot posshible....

Let the kids in Amshterdam kill themselves by shhmoking all manner of filth which is illegal in most other 1st world countries - but when it comes to greenies accepting aviation..."No! Sshhnot posshible!"

S-Works
2nd Sep 2004, 19:57
Anybody experiance of Texel recently? I am flying the twin over there on Tuesday and was wondering if I am going to get my eyeballs gouged!

2Donkeys
3rd Sep 2004, 06:42
Nice high Dutch fuel prices when I was last in Texel about 5 weeks ago. The welcome was friendly enough though.

I guess I could summon up a friendly welcome if I thought about all that profit on the AVGAS ;)

skydriller
3rd Sep 2004, 06:49
2D,

I think you will find that the reason for the high fuel prices in Holland is TAX, not profiteering.

I working there right now so know all about Dutch Taxes....:ouch: :{

Regards, SD..

2Donkeys
3rd Sep 2004, 07:30
Skydriller, you are absolutely right, I'm sure.

That was misdirected on my part. What profiteering there may be is on the part of the government and its enforcement of Green-Friendly policies, rather than on the part of the individual fuel-vendors.

ATC Watcher
22nd Sep 2004, 20:31
With AVGAS over 2 euros a liter and a 26 euros landing fee for a less than a 1 metric ton single engine , Maastricht Airport is one of the most GA unfriendly small regional airport .

Fortunately Belgium , only a few miles away is still GA aviation friendly...:ok: