PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in Eire?

niteflite01
1st Oct 2000, 23:57
Evenin' all :-)

Just wondering really if anyone knows about the current ATC (both ATCO and ATSA)job situation in the Republic or Ireland?

Any room at the inn in Shannon Centre then? Maybe Dublin?

I'm not in any immedaite rush to depart these shores but I'm just doing a bit of background research really.

Any information greatly appreciated!

------------------
"Go around..I say again...go around"

MACC 29 all the time!!!!
4th Oct 2000, 11:14
Dunno how relabile the info is but apparently according to EUROcontrol figures there is a shortfall of 18,000 controllers throughout europe!!! Why Ireland take your pick mate!!!!

niteflite01
4th Oct 2000, 14:22
Yeah good point I suppose 29 :)

Dunno why I fancy Eire so much, my folks are from there so maybe it's a family type thing. I aint looking to move now anyhow - like where I am far too much!

I'd be too sad to leave you chaps at MACC anyhow ;)

------------------

[This message has been edited by niteflite01 (edited 04 October 2000).]

Father Jack
18th Oct 2000, 18:03
Niteflight01
I recently did some "sniffing around" about work back in the aul country but no real joy.
Admittedly I was looking specifically at airport work, but my understanding is that the situation is the same in area also.
Drop your cv to:
Frank Devlin
Human Resources Division
IAA
Aviation House
Hawkins Street
Dublin 2

You'll get back a letter explaining how they don't need anyone at the moment due to their new training scheme for SATCs, and will put your details on file, and a mailing list should vacancies arise.
Hope this helps

FJ

niteflite01
19th Oct 2000, 02:02
Cheers Father ;)

Will pop off a copy of the old cv anyhow, worth a try just for the mailing list I suppose - cheers for the gen :)

Just out of interest - are you aware of how things are on the ATSA / Assistant side of things also?

Cheers once again - I owe you a pint of the blackstuff :)

------------------

Father Jack
19th Oct 2000, 15:51
Niteflight01

Sorry I can't help you there, but you could put a post on the Irish Aviation Bulletin Board, which from the posts suggests its read by a number of ATCers over there.
You can access it through the Irish Aviation Website at www.web-ie.com/irishav/ (http://www.web-ie.com/irishav/)

Good luck
FJ

Topcover
24th Oct 2000, 00:12
Job going in Knock Airport approach/twr.just advertised yesterday (22nd Oct.)in Ireland's "Sunday Independent".

Applications to the Airport Manager by 10th November 2000.

Address :

Knock International Airport
Charlestown ,
Co.Mayo.

Bye,

TC

ItchyFeet
24th Oct 2000, 17:43
TopCover, Are you the original TC?

If so drop me a line at [email protected] . I've a better tan now than when I saw you at "The Match" in Paris.

Friend of Homer's