PDA

View Full Version : Does BTEC in Aeronautics help?!

Ahusin Baig
30th Aug 2004, 18:17
does btec in aeronautics help your chances in sponsorship????????/

scroggs
30th Aug 2004, 22:23
Not really. At least, no more than any other advanced educational qualification. Airlines don't employ engineers to fly their aeroplanes, they employ people - who may or may not have lots of exam credits, but who can definitely demonstrate that they can fly and that they have a personality that others can live with.

Scroggs

Ahusin Baig
31st Aug 2004, 17:12
so what do you suggest i do after i have done my a-levels?

I will do a PPl course but can you also recommend anything else that will be a great asset

thanks

regards

Vortex Thing
28th Sep 2004, 12:04
AB

RTFA

Scroggs did not say not to go to uni he said that Aeronautics would be no more help that underwater basket weaving.

The toss is that some would argue it will help you understand the ATPL subjects more easily others may argue that having B.Sc Hons in underwater basket weaving and having ATPL exams shows more diversity.

My view and this is really gonna be a bit of thread creep is that a degree in anything moves your CV up the pile if you have the same experience as someone else. The flip side of course being that you will get more experience flying in the time that you would have been at uni.

My pessimistic answer is that whilst this is true should you a)never get a job b)fail any stage of training or c)lose your medical in a tragic blimp accident then a degree will be more use than a partially full log book and some dreams.

Hey you choose, it's your life. Good luck