PDA

View Full Version : G-CBME

Monocock
30th Aug 2004, 17:19
I am trying to find the owner/operator of G-CBME.

Any relevant leads would be much appreciated.

rustle
30th Aug 2004, 17:23
Anything wrong with this?

http://www.caa.co.uk/srg/aircraft_register/ginfo/search.asp

AndyDRHuddleston
30th Aug 2004, 17:24
Monocock,

Why don't you try the CAA's website G-INFO.
http://www.caa.co.uk/srg/aircraft_register/ginfo/search.asp

The aircraft is registered to :

Skytrax Aviation
189A LONG STREET
ATHERSTONE
CV9 1AH
UNITED KINGDOM

Cheers

ADRH

rustle
30th Aug 2004, 17:25
Ha ha.

Too slow ;)

Monocock
30th Aug 2004, 17:50
Yeah, sorry but I forgot to say I had tried that and directory enquiries say there is no such place. Even Maureen on 118121 said she hadnt heard of them.......

Any more information gratefully received. (I'll go as far as saying i'll offer 30 litres of Avgas for a decent lead!!!)

M

360BakTrak
30th Aug 2004, 18:10
Whats he done then?! (Or not?!):}

Charlie Zulu
30th Aug 2004, 18:25
Oooh I'm glad you didn't say G-CBLE - then I'd be worried! ;)

rustle
30th Aug 2004, 18:26
Is the reason for your search related to another thread you started here a while ago :confused: :hmm: :\

Flap40
30th Aug 2004, 18:46
Putting that postcode into 192.com came up with a "Director report" with a name at that address. It also came up with three names listed at "rear of 189A". I'm not sure that it is right to publish them here but they are easily found.

As for the aircraft the only thing that Google threw up was that it has been to Dunkeswell on five dates last september and also on 27/5/04.

Edit to add that they also own G-ATMM, G-BAEY, G-GKRG and have just sold G-BYBD to two Gentlemen from Derby who you might have more luck finding.

S-Works
30th Aug 2004, 19:02
give Tim at Derby a call. He works for them as pilot, mechanic and all around good guy.

bcfc
30th Aug 2004, 19:14
This is better than Morse.. :E

Can't wait for the final chapter.

Monocock
30th Aug 2004, 20:59
flap40,

Your lead is looking promising so far........

Will keep you informed.:ok:

smarthawke
30th Aug 2004, 21:11
Mono

If you don't have any luck, I've got a number at work but probably won't be able to let you have it till Wednesday AM.

I know of the company and its owner - not as a friend mind!

Monocock
30th Aug 2004, 21:15
Thanks for that smarthawke.

A PM with a direct line phone number might just be rewarded with a lot more than just 30 litres of Avgas the way this is going.

192.com doesnt seem to have worked for me.

S-Works
30th Aug 2004, 21:46
so come on Mono, what have they done to deserve your attention?

distaff_beancounter
30th Aug 2004, 21:52
Please see your PMs for names & addresses that may help.

distaff_beancounter
31st Aug 2004, 09:15
I have tried to send you another PM, but your PM box is full :(

I will try again later.

Monocock
31st Aug 2004, 10:53
I cant understand that. The PM box says it's empty....

rustle
31st Aug 2004, 10:59
Sent mail and tracking items counts toward your limit, and don't forget to select "since the beginning" else it only shows you recent stuff.

HTH

PS, when will you tell us what this is all about? :sad:

mel cubley
31st Aug 2004, 11:08
I am the owner of this aircraft and can be contacted on 07010717591

Monocock
31st Aug 2004, 11:47
Thanks to you all.

I'm afraid it is an issue that is between Mr C and myself so cannot be disclosed.

panjandrum
31st Aug 2004, 12:10
It is possible that said aircraft is presently on ground at South-end.;)

distaff_beancounter
31st Aug 2004, 12:50
I have left you another PM

Sir George Cayley
31st Aug 2004, 15:35
This is like one of those books you can't put down.......

I'm agog with anticipation at the outcome. Looks though as if this might be some time coming.

What if we club together and offer say 30 litres of Lager for any news?

Ooooooo the Agony!

Sir George Cayley

smarthawke
31st Aug 2004, 15:39
Mono

Does this mean that Mr C gets the free fuel?!!!

Monocock
31st Aug 2004, 15:47
I suppose you could say that !!!!

strake
4th Sep 2004, 11:26
If the pilot of G-CBME reads this perhaps you could PM me as soon as possible.

SATCO Biggin
4th Sep 2004, 11:55
My Saturday morning near Harwich is being disturbed by a low-flying aircraft. It is none other than a 172. Reg G-CBME.

...and before that it was working us whilst stirring up anti GA feelings in south London.

It on photography work, probably that old game of taking photos of peoples houses then going around a few days later trying to flog them to the house owner.

This type of operation causes us significant grief from noise complaints and general abuse from the public. Unfortunately it is not illegal as far as I am aware provided Rule 5 is obeyed.

That apart it is probably the worst advert GA can get and gives us a very bad image :}

distaff_beancounter
4th Sep 2004, 12:37
SATCO Biggin
This type of operation causes us significant grief from noise complaints and general abuse from the public. Unfortunately it is not illegal as far as I am aware provided Rule 5 is obeyed. Well according to its accounts at Companies House, Skytrax Avaition's only assets are 'Photographic Equipment' so your comments seem to be spot on.

It appears from this thread, that G-CBME and its connections, have managed to annoy more people than just those on the ground, when its taking piccies! :(

Monocock
4th Sep 2004, 15:23
SATCO

Where did you get that quote from, another thread?

BRL
4th Sep 2004, 15:27
Hi Mono. I think SATCO took the quote from the post above his before it was edited. He must have edited that bit out of his original post.

strake
4th Sep 2004, 15:40
Sorry to cause confusion but I felt I had to edit my original post for reason I'll explain in PM only.

rustle
4th Sep 2004, 15:49
There's no way that any NIMBYism is creeping in here is there?

Nah. Pilots wouldn't be NIMBYs shirley... :rolleyes: :8

Monocock
4th Sep 2004, 15:53
Hey Strake

I'd be interested in a PM to see if your experience is the same as mine....

SATCO Biggin
4th Sep 2004, 17:08
There's no way that any NIMBYism is creeping in here is there?

Nah!.......I just want to continue flying without giving the anti brigade any more reasons to complain to their local politicians about how environmentally unfriendly flying is.

:uhoh:

TD&H
6th Sep 2004, 10:13
I saw one of their C-172 spending over 30 mins at a low level over my home town. My enquiries (to local airfields to see if they knew them) came to nought. Came very close to contacting CAA. Have no wish to do that, but don't want one or two irresponsible pilots unsetting the applecart for all the good ones.

Monocock
27th Sep 2004, 15:23
I thought I would finish this thread off neatly by posting the final outcome.

G-CBME has finished his low level extended photo sorties over my area (for the time being). I have now returned to quiet evenings at home without irate locals phoning me up asking "what the hell were you doing over the town today".

Sadly, it has not ALL been a happy ending.

Some of you will remember my thread about my annoyance when my wife bought an aerial photo of our house from a door to door salesman.

You guessed it.......it turns out she bought it from the owner of G-CBME. He had the last laugh:{

PAHH

Sir George Cayley
27th Sep 2004, 18:48
Mwapp Mwapp Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Sir George Cayley

bar shaker
27th Sep 2004, 19:41
Mono

I think this very public saga will be over when the man from Gatwick goes round to see this chap's CPL.

Or to ask why his reg is is not "conspicuous".

bs

J.A.F.O.
27th Sep 2004, 22:06
Sir George - A fine and erudite answer. May I be so bold as to add a BOOM, TISH?

Odd how these things happen, the old idea that we were merely playthings of the gods, pushed hither and thither for their amusement, often seems to ring true even in the 21st century.

FullWingsBothWays
9th Nov 2005, 16:36
Well, this annoying Cessna is back again!

Having managed to read his reg. very easily despite my aging eyes, I entered it into Google to see if it came up with owner or operator...... imagine my surprise when it directed me to this thread at PPRuNe!!

Didn't notice anyone before stating what height he was flying, but there's no question that he was well under 500'..... I would actually guesstimate nearer 300!

It is very poor PR for aviation, especially as he was buzzing about here for about an hour and a half and it hasn't gone un-noticed by local friends and neighbours.

I am just waiting for the photo salesman to arrive.... and my wife is well briefed as to what to say if I'm not here! Watch this space!!

;)

splatt
10th Nov 2005, 05:54
Wow! What a coincidence!

A while back in late August or early October, can't remember the exact date, I spotted a red and white Cessna 172 (G-BAEY - also Skytrax) doing the low and slow thing over my area in Wiltshire for ages. There are plenty of good fields nearby for emergencies so can't say he wasn't obeying rule 5 - in fact one of them is a microlight farm strip.

Not sure if it annoyed the neighbours but it sure amused me :8 He wasn't very loud at all with the engine at quite low RPM. I reckoned that it was a photgraphy mission since the area I live is all new houses (image below). Haven't had anybody at the door trying to sell us any pictures yet.

The coincidence was later that morning I drove up to Kemble for a flying lesson and who was doing his engine checks in the runup area at the same time as me? None other than G-BAEY of Skytrax :}

This is a photo that my girlfriend took whilst on a trial flight with me just prior to starting my PPL course. We're over our home but somewhat higher than Skytrax were and our picture comes with an arrow pointing out the house!

http://www.zen24113.zen.co.uk/images/flight/bowerhill.jpg

Oh by the way - I am in no way criticizing this company - personally, their activity didn't bother me, in fact I enjoyed watching it.

pulse1
10th Nov 2005, 08:04
I am far from being an expert but, with modern photographic equipment, there is no need to fly low in order to take good photographs.

Earlier this year I took a friend up to take photographs of some friend's houses as presents. We did not go below 1500' and the quality of the pictures was as good as anything I have seen sold on the doorstep.

I would add that the weather at the time was not perfect, being fairly gloomy and viz about 10km.