PDA

View Full Version : MATS P1 Ammendments

information_alpha
9th Oct 2001, 03:20
As part of the general cost cutting going on, NATS has decreed that MATS P1 ammendements will not be issued to staff individually any more. There will be a limited number of copies held at each unit available for short term loan instead - What is the general feeling on this? :confused:

controller friendly
9th Oct 2001, 03:29
At our unit we were told that at least 6 months ago.
I think our GM was the only one to implement it at that time though... :rolleyes:

squawk 6789
9th Oct 2001, 12:48
who's that then?

Surely pt I & II amendments should be given to everybody? I'm surprised SRG are happy about it.

U R NumberOne
9th Oct 2001, 16:23
Try looking at it from an NMS point of view. Strictly speaking, all our individual copies are controlled documents and could be inspected by the auditors. How many people can hold their hands up and say theirs is always 100% up to date?

stopbar
10th Oct 2001, 01:43
Welcome to the real commercial worlds NATS chaps. At my non Nats unit we have never had a MATS pt1 provided for us other than the unit ones. If you want a personal Pt1 you pay for it. Mind you if NATS stop giving them away to all controllers the numbers printed by Documedia will go down even more and so make them even more expensive. Doh!

WonkyVectors
11th Oct 2001, 01:36
A while ago, at a unit "far far away" Srg were doing some assessment of lce's and ojti's and a watch member was phoned by their WM a couple of days before returning to duty and told that they would be the guinea pig for the Wm's lce assessment. Said chum hit their personal Pt 1 & 2 and the event went off with no hitch. No problem I hear you say. Well I know we are all supposed to keep up to date etc but I suspect most of us do a little timely reading before our anual lce "just to make sure". Consider no personal Mats 1, and said chum (or you or I) gets aformentioned phone call etc and we can't obtain a copy of the righteous document - unable to get to work, all copies out on loan, damn thing's gone missing again! etc - what happens then? It transpires that although it is the Lce being assessed and not the humble guinea pig, if we were to "fail" the test then the Lce is obliged to fail you officially with all that would entail. :eek:

I personally keep my pts 1 & 2 up to date (ish) and check it out at home every now and then - especially when there is a trainee about - its a real pain in the ass when they are better read than you!
By the way, I can just see all our Wm faces when we all go into work one morning and declare that we need an hour with the books before we can assess ourselves competent to work!! :D :D :D

TC_LTN
13th Oct 2001, 23:55
I understand MATS Pt 1 plus amendments will be available to all on CD shortly, just like TC Pt 2. Is this not correct?

Crapaud
14th Oct 2001, 01:20
At our non NATS unit we have not had individual Part 1 or Part 2 manuals for as long as I can remember and that is a long time(as far as I can remember!). SRG, to my knowledge, have never commented on it so don't expect any support from them!

Crapaud :( :(