PDA

View Full Version : Web access problem on IPAQ

BOAC
30th Aug 2004, 15:39
Trying to access a secure web site via a link on a secure company site.

First step is ok, but when going to the next (external) page via the link, I get this message:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
<WEBSITE NAME>.PageBase.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\WEBSITE NAME\WEBSITE NAME\Solution\Site\PageBase.aspx.vb:34
System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +731

IPAQ 3870, Pocket PC 2002, latest SP.

Would appreciate knowing where the problem is - is this a Java problem?

Access to the site via W2000 based PC is fine.

gas path
31st Aug 2004, 22:27
Can you access other secure sites such as banking? If not you may need to fool the Pie browser into thinking it is ie5 or 6 there is some free software for a registry hack HERE (http://www.doctorce.com/regking.htm)

BOAC
1st Sep 2004, 07:15
gp - many thanks for that - I had actually already 'sniffed' that one out and I THINK I am now showing PIE5, but am short of ideas on how to check on the PDA. I know how to do it on the desktop. Will the same JS run on a PDA with 2002?

AL1

Yes- into a secure banking site ok.

gas path
1st Sep 2004, 08:39
As far as I know Pie does not have support for js, you may need a different browser try a google for 'netfront'.
Thats about the limit of my knowledge I'm afraid:{

BOAC
10th Sep 2004, 11:28
gaspath - I have tried 3 emails to the relevant web service for help but they are not bothering to reply (other than an auto ack).

I see the 'trial' version of 'netfront' does not include the java plug-in.

Before I order the whole thing, do I take it you think the error message is due to non-java compliance in PIE? I have tried the trial version of MULTIIE which is the only other alternative PocketPC2002 browser I have found and thta doies not 'perform' either..

gas path
10th Sep 2004, 12:53
Sorry BOAC I dunno to be honest:( Have you tried posting a request on one of the pda forums? try PDA street (http://www.pdastreet.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=12)
Googling on those lines of 'code' pulls up all sorts of info?????