PDA

View Full Version : ATC recruitment Australia

fatter bloke
27th Sep 2000, 13:11
I see that airservices are looking for ATCOs
Can anyone give me the low down on just what they might be looking for?
An insight into the selection and any other information would be very helpful
Cheers

get'em to heaven & back
29th Sep 2000, 18:23
if you haven't got residency rights or aren't a citizen (I believe) you've no chance.

fart
30th Sep 2000, 21:51
I have some international experience , but nothing else counts for me, but if the situation changes, I would like to hear about it. I certainly dont mind getting re-trained, and would like to find out more if there is even the sligtest chance for non-residents.

aluminium persuader
1st Oct 2000, 03:14
ditto.

;)

------------------
Once more unto the breach, Dear Friends...

375ml
1st Oct 2000, 06:01
http://www.selectnet.au.com/

The Airservices ATC recruitment site (above) should have most of the information you need to get started. I'm pretty sure they are recruiting abinitio (previous experience is great, but you'll still have to pass the screening tests). There is a sample test on the site that most ATCs fail.

Applications close 20th October.

cxi
2nd Oct 2000, 00:33
what alot of these replies seem to have not recognised is that the pilot filed an airprox report. a tcas eval report is not the same and causes alot less paper work and heart ache

TJS
10th Oct 2000, 14:43
Has anybody heard how long they take to get back to you after applying?

What's the normal procedures with selection etc?

Any advice would be good

Thanks

GWYN
11th Oct 2000, 11:48
TJS

Usually you will be put on a waiting list; then if you are lucky you will get to sit some aptitude tests which if you pass, will get you onto the next waiting list. They will then give you a provisional starting date for a course; this will then be postponed, then indefinitely deferred. After 18 months the results of the aptitude tests expire, and if you still wish to be considered at that time you will have to sit them again. That assumes of course that they are prepared to offer you the opportunity.

I would also say that the organisation currently known as Airservices, is run by the most incompetent bunch of clowns it has ever been my misfortune to encounter or work for. Management at all levels is incompetent,untrustworthy and amoral. They will lie, renege on promises and deliberately mislead, apparently as a matter of policy.

Finally, as I remember, the recent ad. was for 'Expressions of interest,' not for applications. That allows them to have a pool of 'interested' potential applicants without there being any kind of commitment on the part of Airservices to actually recruit or train anyone. Best of luck!

LoLevel
11th Oct 2000, 17:48
Having perused GWYNS answer to this thread I can guarantee he IS an employee of the aformentioned (mis)management!

Good luck anyway to those wanting to simply live where the sun shines and it's so hot the girls just HAVE to go topless.

------------------
[email protected]
"The views expressed here are a personal rant and rave and in no way reflect the views of my employer/s "

GWYN
13th Oct 2000, 02:32
Hi LoLevel: Make that 'Ex-employee!'

I'm one of the lucky ones; I escaped the Gulag!

375ml
13th Oct 2000, 08:32
G'day Gwyn, long time... haven't heard you on the air lately. Going to apply for it anyway? Airservices is swamped with applications from RAAF controllers. Shhh.

GWYN
17th Oct 2000, 04:25
Hi 375!

Haven't been on the air lately - at least not on your frequency! Drop zone was closed down, and I believe remains so.

No I'm not likely to be applying. Firstly,and believe me on this, the only good thing about Airservices is leaving; and second, I am well aware that a person of advanced years, such as me, is unlikely to be permitted to complete the course.

When I hear that one of the current intake on the ab initio course was told five years ago that he would be on a course in a couple of months, and has been working in a pub for the five years since then, it merely reinforces what I said above.

Anyway, all the best! And what's the latest on the TMA going to ML?

I have to do an IR renewal sometime soon, so you never know, we may speak........

GWYN

375ml
21st Oct 2000, 16:25
GWYN, re the TMA going to ML, the totally unfounded rumour (discovered by ASA management on PPrune nonetheless) has developed into a board-level feasibility project. This is so "Yes, Minister" you wouldn't believe it. The troops are getting a presentation from the project manager next week, so stand by to stand by.

GWYN
24th Oct 2000, 02:28
Standing by............

375ml
25th Oct 2000, 03:54
The TCU Consolidation FA (FA=Feasibility Analysis or Fait Accompli depending on your point of view) is ultimately an accounting exercise. I can't imagine the books being fiddled to make the TCUs look more cost effective positioned locally rather than centralised. Perhaps the only tool left is external political pressure to keep the TCUs. I imagine this will be more effective in Sydney than the other TCUs.