PDA

View Full Version : Renting in US

jimbo jet set
28th Aug 2004, 17:36
Hi all,
apologies if this subject has been done to death before but a friend and I are looking for any recommendations for renting either a 172 or PA-28 (181) in the US. We're looking to rent for two weeks and intend to complete about 40-50hrs.

We both hold JAA PPL's + night ratings but no IR's etc. We want to tour around- so any school that insists on being instrument rated to leave their state, or any boundries imposed are out of the question.

We know its a lot to ask, but just about every school I've looked at has had some sort of catch i.e must have at least 200hrs, instrument rated etc etc

We intend to go next Feb/March

Jimbo:ok:

On the Spot
28th Aug 2004, 20:19
You don't say where you are going ?

Look up the schools on beapilot.com and choose those with a big enough fleet that they won't miss a few planes or mind you getting back late due weather etc. That way you are also covered for renters insurance too.

Some places I have rented without restriction :-
Addison, Dallas,Texas - Monarch Air - PA28/172
Stellar Air Pk Angel Air Phoenix 172/182
Air Desert Pacific San Diego PA28
Mazzei Aviation, Fresna 172

drop me a line if you want any more info

FWA NATCA
28th Aug 2004, 20:20
Jimbo,

For February or March I would reccommend staying within the Southern United States, because many of the Northern states will still be getting snow and lots of IFR weather.

Mike
NATCA FWA

jimbo jet set
29th Aug 2004, 17:18
Thanks for that, have had a look at the sites and the beapilot one is particularly helpful. I'm looking closely at American Flying Adventures. Does anyone have any experience of them- good or bad???

Jimbo..............