PDA

View Full Version : Logging P2 on Single pilot certified Aircraft

Sky Goose
25th Aug 2004, 10:17
Just a question on logging P2 in a single pilot certified aircraft (Pilatus PC-12).

I might (big might) have the opportunity to fly as co-pilot with a charter outfit that operates one of these. I only have 244 hours and would like to use this opportunity to build some hours.

Can I still log as P2 ?

Thanks

SG

RodgerF
25th Aug 2004, 10:33
If the operating procedures of the company specify two-crew operation for this aircraft then yes, otherwise no.

Sky Goose
25th Aug 2004, 10:36
Thanks RodgerF,

Will check it out.

cheers

Chimbu chuckles
25th Aug 2004, 10:42
And if you're endorsed on type...

Stan Evil
28th Aug 2004, 14:54
Bringing together these posts:

If the operation requires 2 pilots in the Ops Manual then you must be type rated on the aircraft to sit in either seat. If you're being offered a seat without a type rating then, by definition, you're not required to be in the seat by the Ops Manual and so you can't log the flying.

Speaking JAA, the PC-12, being a High Performance Aircraft, requires that you have exam passes at ATP level (or an equivalent approved course) before you can get a rating on the aircraft.

Big Pistons Forever
28th Aug 2004, 20:12
You can log anything you want. The only issue is wether the time counts towards the award of a higher rating or license. I do not know the rules for the UK but in Canada the time would not count.
However if you are a low time pilot you will learn a lot riding up front. As long as you are honest about the circumstances under which you are logging time why not put it down , if only as something to be able to look back fondly on in future years.