PDA

View Full Version : Concorde at LHR?

AeroSpark
24th Aug 2004, 21:20
Does anyone know what is happening to the Concorde still parked up at Heathrow? And which airframe is it? Yesterday was the first time I've been able to make it up there for a few months and I was quite surprised, and somewhat saddened, to see her sat there.

Human Factor
24th Aug 2004, 21:28
Will eventually become the gate guardian at T5. May be G but can't actually remember. Probably on here somewhere if you search.

onthebuses
24th Aug 2004, 22:01
It's Alpha Bravo..

G-BOAB

What a shame to see it sat there like that.. And the outside T5 thing is even worse..:{

I was hoping this was going to be the one they kept flyin..

OTB:sad:

missioncontrol
24th Aug 2004, 22:01
Taxied past it this evening.

It is G-BOAB

onthebuses
24th Aug 2004, 22:04
I think that one was a photo finish MC.... ;)

TopBunk
25th Aug 2004, 13:33
ashton

Nice thought, but a complete waste of effort - it will not happen in a million years.

on the buses

If any were to fly again it would not be G-BOAB as that was one of the 2 never modified after the Paris crash (along with the one that went by barge up to East Fortune near Edinburgh). The ones that flew out (to JFK, BGI, SEA, MAN and Filton) were the only ones capable of flight at the end.

alexban
26th Aug 2004, 08:29
I think it's nice having it parked there,so all of us,and also the pax can see it on our way to thr 27R. It was a beautifull plane,I admire it every time I go to lhr,and I did some nice pictures passing by.
I thought at first that it was a model,I was amased how small the windows are,also the doors.You say this is the real thing,right? I never saw one so close before :(
One nice piece of history.

HZ123
27th Aug 2004, 16:15
Go to Duxford then or Manchester the former is open most of the time the latter on some weekends.'