PDA

View Full Version : FAA CFI BUST

ITFC42
28th Jul 2000, 00:42
Took my CFI flight test yesterday, after a total of 11 hrs oral and 1.7 flight, i got busted for not doing a time distance to VOR correctly, its not even in the PTS.

Has anyone else been through this B4.

rolling circle
28th Jul 2000, 02:10
If your instruction is as lucid as your question then my vote is with the examiner.

ITFC42
29th Jul 2000, 02:42
Sorry, My question was has anybody else been tested on that subject for their CFI ride.

Or had an oral that has lasted that long

Oleo
29th Jul 2000, 15:06
What a nightmare! No I haven't, but I have heard of morons like this. Apparently the good news is that you get passed as de riguer on your second try. No comfort now of course...

If it isn't in the PTS I would consider taking some actions... but then again is it worth getting involved with those wowsers who are the FAA. After a horrible experience of being threatening with a supeona I joined AOPA and have found them to be the fountain of all knowledge with a free hot line, plus for $52/year you can use their lawyers if the FAA come after your licence.

I always closely vet my examiners (for my students and myself) and have been known to travel across several states to find someone fair, who isn't on a power trip, and has the ability to make the student relax.

Sorry about your horrible experience. You'll be fine next time. I am always stunned when I hear about this crap.

ITFC42
30th Jul 2000, 22:06
Thanks for the reply, i have chaged examiner now, told him i had to go home. Didn't think this is routine, don't know why these guys are on such a trip. Not sure which state you are in, but i'm in California, if you are watch out for him.

Many thanks for the reply