PDA

View Full Version : Worldwide CFIs, please help...

PSO
5th Mar 2000, 11:54
Dear all,
Need urgent information and experience share from all of you instructors.
I plan to train for CFI (CFII) in the US.
My questions are:
- Anybody who could advise on where you can instruct except in the US (non US and no green card),
- Are there possibilities of conversions and if yes, what are the procedures,
- Usually, can a beginner instructor live with what he earns from instructing,
- If FAA CFI is not that recognised, what would you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance and pls, fly safe!!

alexander
9th Mar 2000, 21:49
in reply to your query about instructing...i would advise you get a J-1 visa for the states this allows you to train and work after you complete your ratings the only catch beieng that you need to have no more than an Iicao ppl...the states is a great place to train and aviation is booming there...its also cheap to live...especially texas..where you can survive on about $800 a month...you need to get your cfii and mei asap so you dont mess about being restricted to VFR teaching...you can rack up alot of hours in a short period...it pays about $10 per hour ground and flight...instructor pay does vary though...best of luck...and if you decide to pursue the states as an option and need more info ddrop me a line..as iam working on my UK ATP and instructing in texas

trickyDicky
10th Mar 2000, 17:20
Originally posted by alexander:
in reply to your query about instructing...i would advise you get a J-1 visa for the states this allows you to train and work after you complete your ratings the only catch beieng that you need to have no more than an Iicao ppl...the states is a great place to train and aviation is booming there...its also cheap to live...especially texas..where you can survive on about $800 a month...you need to get your cfii and mei asap so you dont mess about being restricted to VFR teaching...you can rack up alot of hours in a short period...it pays about $10 per hour ground and flight...instructor pay does vary though...best of luck...and if you decide to pursue the states as an option and need more info ddrop me a line..as iam working on my UK ATP and instructing in texas

PSO
13th Mar 2000, 12:12
Hi Alexander,
Instructing in Texas??? Would you be working for Tyler?
So are you US or non US?
Maybe are you Brit having passed CPL CFII in the US. In all cases, I am interested in having some chats with you.
Just to clarify me, how did you jump the gaps FAA, JAA (or CAA)??
Many thanks