PDA

View Full Version : Environmental Management BA questions

Ian_Wannabe
23rd Aug 2004, 13:44
Hey there - I've recently deicded to switch University degrees as I found the maths that comes with engineering far too difficult for my brain :ugh:

So, I've just been accepted on to a BA course called "Environmental Management".

The whole idea of my going to university was to create a fallback plan should I never be able to fly for a living.

Therefore, I was just wondering if this degree would enable me work in either a management aspect of aviation or something close?

Do airports etc have a specific job for the "enviromental management of the airport"?! :confused:

Cheers in advance

Ian

Spitoon
23rd Aug 2004, 17:33
In the UK the bigger airports might have someone with this title but it's more likely to be a function combined with something else - maybe Health & Safety things. Whether the topic is taken seriously or just given lip service I'll leave you to decide - or for others more closely associated with airports to say. The future will no doubt be rather different as environmental pressures in Europe and globally will mean that all aviation activities will have to be more environmentally aware and friendly.