PDA

View Full Version : How long for a IMC ???

Hoodwink
13th May 2000, 12:12
Hello

Could someone please advise how long it would take to do an IMC rating in the UK if i were to take some time off work and study/fly fulltime.
Ive seen in some magazines that it can be done in the States in 10 days , is this a realistic time frame for the UK aswell.

Thanks in advance

Hoodwink :)

CPHCPH
14th May 2000, 12:02
Did IMC Rating in 5 days full time at Welshpool a couple of years ago. Damned hard work but possible. Weather needs to be good enough but thats all. Recommend 6-7 days is more comfortable.

BlueLine
14th May 2000, 23:04
The flying can easily be done in 10 days, but the ground school and exam should have been completed before you start. If you haven't done the groundwork you will waste a lot of time in the air, and that means money.

A and C
16th May 2000, 21:09
Bluelines advice is good but i would like to add that you should not rush the IMC i found it far harder than the IR because it was all new to me the IR was just practice to get to a higher standard.
Not using this stupid QFE thing would have helped to avoid some mistakes and made the whole thing a lot safer.
I have found the Jepp aproach plates a lot better for single pilot flying as all the info is on one page with the aerad you have to find the limits on a green page, just what you want on a divertion ln bad WX.
I should add that the new aerad format is much improved but will take some time to impliment.
And finaly DONT put more than £100 cash up front.

Good luck and enjoy ,i did A and C