PDA

View Full Version : Instructing Abroad or How to Beat the UK WX!

Canton Man
9th Jul 2000, 22:11
Well, having had to cancel nearly two weeks worth of lessons due to what we laughingly call the British summer it seems time to come up with new ideas.

So does anyone have any info on instructing abroad, mainly but not exclusively the USA?

I'm thinking of places such as Comair in Florida (yes I've seen the other posts and I know their rep is a bit dodgy) but seem to take UK instructors and provide them with a job. Or is this only if you do the course there?

Any other ideas appreciated folks as no flying AND no money is a little too depressing!! :)

DeltaTango
12th Jul 2000, 01:22
HMMMM.....Comair....nice place lots of flying for instructors but yes-they are loosing it.
I flew there in September-November last year and had a great time...but alot of my friends where looking at other alternatives.
If you have more than a PPL you can only get there on a M-1 visa which does'nt allow you to get paid for your work so...if you're covered-great-go for it.
my plan is the same...I just need to organise my work permit...don't know HOW yet!!
I'm open to ideas.
what did YOU have in mind?

what do you(or any of you other guys) know about this deal?

ajoungilak