PDA

View Full Version : Cabair jobs

Luke SkyToddler
5th Jul 2000, 22:55
Me and a mate sent them CVs when they advertised back in April/May for instructors ... they sent us both a letter six weeks ago saying they'd 'contact us again within two weeks' ... and not a word from them since http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif I have a couple of other less-well-paid instructing job prospects on offer, but I quite liked the sound of the Cabair deal. I can't wait to hear from them forever though ...

Can someone shed any light on the present state of their hiring? Have we missed the boat and they haven't even bothered to tell us, or are they still sorting out their applications?

aerotowman
6th Jul 2000, 21:50
Well Luke you're not the only one in this situation. I too received the letter saying I would be contacted in a couple of weeks. That was 3 months ago! I therefore conclude that on this occasion my application was unsucessful. I suspect that $cabair simply can't be bothered to tell those they've rejected.

If you have other oppurtunities in the pipeline I'd take them.

Aerotowman

StudentInDebt
6th Jul 2000, 23:38
Dare I ask if you've tried calling them directly? Thats what I did, about the same time as you chaps having never seen the advert. Never got a letter, but I did get a telephone call back to arrange an interview.

As to what the present hiring situation is, again call the Head Office at Elstree and ask. They certainly have been taking people on since April/May time and may need more as there are a couple of KLM and JEA courses about to finish their stint with us.

Key West
9th Jul 2000, 16:09
Six weeks is quite normal to wait for a letter from them. If you're waiting for them to provide you with a course it will be more like five months.

The exception to the above is when money is involved - then they want it yesterday.

I wish you the best of luck chaps.

KW.

185 Lbs of Ballast!!
15th Jul 2000, 14:53
Stuart

If your out there - check your e-mail!!

185Lbs

FLY BY NIGHT
17th Jul 2000, 11:52
Same sinario. I also had the letter. Seems like they also need to hire someone in admin. Im already employed as an instructor, but thought of going to them to work with the idea of doing an IR. at the same time. Having heard nothing my IR. is booked with PAT. and my present school is keeping my job open. Keep looking.

A and C
17th Jul 2000, 20:51
When thinking of taking a job it is always wise to ask how long do staff stay with employers and are the company very quick to take large sums of cash for trainning and how long are you contracted for, this is not ment to be a dig at eny one company but just advice to the guys who are new to the industry.