PDA

View Full Version : OATS Clearout ?

Jet A1
24th Feb 2000, 13:48
Heard thaT OATS has had a clearout within its staff. An instructor fighting with a student in the air!!!!! and the self-sponsored marketing manager going as well and not forgetting the student services manager !

Vanessa Feltz Type Rated
24th Feb 2000, 17:14
Is this true ?
Or just a wind up ?

fatboy slim
24th Feb 2000, 23:46
SSM definitely gone - tried to phone him today........

Jet A1
24th Feb 2000, 23:51
Info came from source inside OATS.

rolling circle
25th Feb 2000, 01:33
More half truths and exaggeration about a big non-event. With such a tenuous grasp of reality this "source inside OATS" should really get a job with the News of the World!

My information is that the instructor was sacked (within his probationary period) for poor quality instruction and worse record keeping, the Student Services Manager was made redundant due to re-structuring of the organisation and as for Marketing - better talk to some of the customers she dealt with!

Three people from three different departments in an organisation employing over 1000 is hardly a 'clear-out'. Rumour has it that the only reason they all went on the same day is because the DIC was off on a jolly to Singapore the next day and wanted it cleaned up before he left.

By the way, whatever happened to the scandal about OATS instructors being sacked for obeying the rules and BALPA taking the matter to an industrial tribunal? Another non-story from the same reliable source?

Vanessa Feltz Type Rated
25th Feb 2000, 17:14
When I was a student at OATS - not so long a go I didn't know anyone who had a good word to say about the Marketing department. :mad:

rolling circle
26th Feb 2000, 03:06
But then,of course, you didn't know anyone who knew anything about anything - did you?

Jet A1
1st Mar 2000, 18:35
Rolling Circle old boy ! I do wonder if you actually are a B757/767 Training Captain after all. Maybe a PA28 Training Captain is more apt. I would say you are an OATS instructor reading thorugh your posts. Not only do you contribute extensively to this forum but you seem to know a lot more than most regarding OATS and its personnel.

[This message has been edited by Jet A1 (edited 01 March 2000).]

rolling circle
4th Mar 2000, 03:17
Jet-A1 - The answer must be "No, but I know a man who is". My son, actually, who tells me that OATS has just been bought out by a company better known for its presence in women's toilets. How appropriate!

splot
26th Mar 2000, 21:07
JetA1, seems rolling circle has a few axes to grind. I wonder what management position he holds at OATS? As for his comments about 'the non story':

The instructor is being represented by BALPA's solicitor and is scheduled to be heard at the Industrial Tribunal in Reading. The paperwork I was shown last year is on Company headed notepaper and says the instructor committed 'gross misconduct' by refusing to fly outside contractual hours! I heard him being ordered to fly by his Flight Manager making it a 13+hour day. This after he had spent the day without any flying to do - his Flight Manager had given him students on full time ground school! Presumably the school is exempt instructors having valid medicals? Due to traffic accident injuries the instructor concerned has a CAA limit on his working day - 8 hours.

NB: This happened last Aug, and doesn't seem connected with the recent spate of stabs

In your court (literally) rolling circle?

Good luck 'A' if you see this. Hammer them!

[This message has been edited by splot (edited 26 March 2000).]

twin27
28th Mar 2000, 21:11
finally !!! that SSM is out!!! serves him right ! he is a pain in the ass!!