PDA

View Full Version : Competition enthusiasm

chicken6
5th May 2000, 13:50
Help!

Our club went through a pretty severe shakeup in the middle of last year with the leaving of 2 out of 3 senior instructors (except our Chief Flying Instructor - CFI in NZ doesn't seem to mean the same as in Europe) and the qualification of three new instructors (myself included) and one of the things I've noticed coming from a more structured University training course is the competition scene that I was looking for in an aeroclub is not present.

We've found the book with all the NZ competition marking sheets in it, and we had three meetings last year but due to an average turnout and foul weather we didn't even manage to send a team to the regionals, let alone the nationals.

What I need from a large ideas pool like you lot is a way of attracting people to the idea of competitions, because I'm fairly sure that once we show people what they can be like, they'll make the effort to win some trophies. For some context, last year one of the smallest clubs in the country won about a third (possibly more) of the trophies on offer, embarrassing larger ones from all over. We are medium sized I guess, with about 150 flying members.

Ideas please - anything at all especially off-the-wall ones.

Safe (and fun!) flying

azzie
10th May 2000, 07:00
just face it man...not only does no one at the club care, but no one here cares either....