PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada Crew?

Sean Dell
18th Aug 2004, 08:42
Hi Guys - It's a bit of a long shot... but here goes.

I am a First Officer with BA and last year tried to organise some champagne (on their flight) for my folks on their holiday of a lifetime to South Africa. They were flying BA - did they get anything from my colleagues? Did they hell! Well anyway this year they are going on an even better holiday to your lovely country and are avoiding BA and flying Air Canada.

My question would be, is it possible for me to arrange (and I don't mind paying!) for some champers for them on their flights to Calgary and back from Vancouver.

Just thought I would try, you never know..

Thanks in advance

Sean

ps Obviously have flight details if you can help.

oldebloke
18th Aug 2004, 17:42
The flight from YVR-YYC is only about 55mins..Are your folks on any longer flights??
Having said that, one could try to contact the captain/purser for the 'said' flight..As you say a 'long shot'..
Please send message with the details of the flight days to oldebloke
Cheers:ok:

Sean Dell
18th Aug 2004, 18:23
Hi Oldbloke

Thanks for getting back so quick. I didn't write my post very accurately. What I meant to say is they are travelling to Calgary from Heathrow (AC853) arriving 9th Sept at 1715L. And returning to LHR from Vancouver (AC896) arriving in the UK on Sat 25th Sept at 1330L(departs Vancouver Friday 24th). It is these flights I am trying to arrange something on. Will keep my mums mind on something other than flying!

If you have any contacts or know how I can get in touch with the crews etc. I would be most appreciative.

Many thanks

Sean Dell

bound_for_dubai
16th Sep 2004, 11:47
I do suppose you can arrange for that but with the airline. And depending on what class they are flying. I don't suppose they will have anything served on a silver platter for someone in Economy. But definetly worth the shot, give the airline a call and most likely they can arrange it for you at some price.

Good Luck

Rollingthunder
16th Sep 2004, 16:49
"give the airline a call"

That should prove interesting. It's not in the SOPs, so not likely. Try in the Cabin Crew forum. They can make these things happen.

WJman
16th Sep 2004, 19:52
If you have them fly YYC -YVR on Westjet it would be no problem hooking you up. Even the booking agents would set it up, the most service friendly and helpful airline in Canada. You would need to pay for the champers but this company would easily go the extra mile. I may need to duck for cover now.

Sean Dell
17th Sep 2004, 12:03
Thanks for the info chaps - have already hooked up with the very personable captains of both of these flights - needless to say my parents are enjoying their stay in Canada. Thanks again to all who made their journey to Calgary special (you know who you are!) :ok:

mymymy
17th Sep 2004, 17:25
Well WJman, no need to duck for cover, but please do take note....
It seems Mr. Dell is quite satisfied with the accommodating AC staff.

3m