PDA

View Full Version : Any Rotary instructor/examiner guru's out there

Cityboy wants out!
28th Jun 2000, 13:26
Under JAR, to retain the privileges of an instructor, I must do any two of the following three things at the end of the current 3 year validity period - a) fly in excess of 100hs instructing, b) attend a seminar, c) sit flight test/exam.
Now here's a question. If I decide to do c) and one other, would c) also count as the relevant LPC required on that particular helicopter (assuming it was successful of course).
Does anyone have any thought. I don't have access to all the relevant documents.

engineoff
29th Jun 2000, 14:00
Have previously discussed this particular situation with an examiner; the initial query being in what seat the LPC must be done from (captains or could it be done in the instructors seat in the case of an instructor sitting the test?) We came to the conclusion that it could be done from either seat.
The problem comes from the fact that the instructor renewal test, whilst demanding precise flying, is only really a test on competency of instructing, and usually only encompasses one or two sections of the course. (ie. brief/fly an ex.6 or similar). The LPC must contain all the relevant sections on the examiners form eg. limited power, engine offs, hover square etc.
If the examiner for the instructor renewal is made aware of the need to also carry out an LPC, it may be possible to carry out a slightly extended flight to ensure all sectors for both instructor and LPC are carried out, thus enabling both to be 'signed off'
Hope this is of help.