PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Flying Instructors Guild in Australia??

Ace on Base
10th Dec 1999, 07:53
I recall hearing somewhere that there is a "flying Instructors Guild" in Australia, Has anyone have any info??

What do they offer, How much to subscribe etc.....

Any Info would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

------------------
"Keep Smilin' Sunshiners!!"

Hugh Jarse
10th Dec 1999, 14:18
Stay away from the A**I. It is run by operators, and has little credibility (see how many members they have).

Swamp
11th Dec 1999, 19:30
I was a member of the AAFI (Australian Association of Flight Instructors) for a few years. In that time never received a newsletter, phone call or privilege.

Since the people that administer the organisation are operators themselves you are wasting your time. One of the biggest problem in GA today is the pay that pilots receive. Do you really think that the organisation that are responsible for the terrible standards are going to fight for your rights by taking action against themselves? Crazy!

Their numbers are pathetic because the organisation is pathetic. They are a joke.

Ace on Base
12th Dec 1999, 01:20
mmmmm........

Thanks HJ and Swamp for the advice!!

HJ, I know that you have told me to contact the AFAP - How many days (or weeks) does it take for them to usually get back to a prospective subscriber???

looks like its back to the drawingboard!!

------------------
"Keep Smilin' Sunshiners!!"

The_Messiah
12th Dec 1999, 11:14
Quite right, AAFI is nothing more than a back slapping exercise amongst a bunch of done nothings who give each other awards as master instructors etc. They are the classic self appointed experts.

Sad state of affairs indeed!

Hugh Jarse
12th Dec 1999, 12:15
Ace, I hope you phoned em rather than email.

Indeed, The AAFI have no more credibility among flight instructors than the AOPA. That is why they've had about as much success as Peter Brock's Dipole fuel saver of the 80's :)

Save your money.

Ace, check yer email.