View Full Version : scholarships...

lulu
24th Apr 2000, 21:46
As a new CFI, I wish to continue my training but have run out of funds...any suggestions for scholarships I could apply for would be appreciated.

------------------

GoodGuy
25th Apr 2000, 01:14
I don't know if it will be of any use to you Lulu, but I think that Cabair take on Qfi's. They then bond you for any additional training.

They are based at Elstree........try them...nothing to loose

GG

Robbo2Alpha
27th Apr 2000, 21:54
Goodguy gets the 'charlie' award, best bet is check out the profile before giving hopeless advice, anyway the fact she mentioned 'CFI' should have given it away. To Lulu, scabair might as well be on the dark side of the moon.

henri`s girlfriend
27th Apr 2000, 22:46
Actually there is no dark side of the moon.

It`s all dark. :)

lulu
28th Apr 2000, 06:58
Ya all are just so amusing...I'm the daft one who didn't realize pprune was totally uk...being american I just assumed...
Yours in the clouds...
Lulu

Capt Homesick
29th Apr 2000, 03:25
Lulu, have you tried FlightSafety at Vero Beach? They usually prefer to hire their own graduates, but sometimes they'll hire outsiders when there s a shortage. They might put you behind a desk for a few months, but once you start flying you can pile on the hours. I havn't been there in a while, but a year ago they were having to hire instructors trained elsewhere, because their instructors were all moving into the commuters at lower hours (500+, in some cases) than expected.
Try www.flightsafety.com (http://www.flightsafety.com)
I don't know much about the current US situation, but email me if I can be any help- I might still know people there.
Pprune isn't just UK, anyone can sign up and be insulted! :)