PDA

View Full Version : New Floatplane Forum for UK/Europe

Jobby Wheecher
16th Aug 2004, 05:21
OK Folks - second attempt. Those nasty nasty people at PPrune Moderators Towers forbid me :p from posting a direct link to 'another place' so ..... in words of one syllable .......

Due to the absence of a pprune Floatplane Forum (hint) ;) , an alternative has been set up on shock horror .... another site.

This is to act as a focal point for all you feetwet flyers out there. Have you been to Florida, got the US rating and wondered what to do next ? Have you been to Caledonian Seaplanes in Scotland, got your UK Float rating, and wondered what to do next ? Have you seen the recent articles in Pilot/Flyer and thought ... I wanna do that next ...... or have you just stumbled in here on the way back from the latest pprune bash ...... whatever, this is for YOU !

Syndicates ? Lobbying ? Places to visit ? Advice ? Best practice ? Hopefully we'll have it all .... it's a start.

PM me for the forum, or look for 'scottishfloaters' at Y**OO (you know the one I mean) Groups.

Scuse me .....
Off to have a wheech ..........

PH-UKU
17th Aug 2004, 21:55
Sounds like a grand idea ! Anyone out there doing their float rating in the near future .... ?

NorthSouth
18th Aug 2004, 21:35
Anyone out there doing their float rating in the near future Supposed to be going up to Loch Earn this weekend to finish off - did a weekend in May last year but due to certain Very Important Pilots using all the time on the aircraft I didn't complete. This time round the problems are (a) weather and (b) no aircraft - still in hangar on a 150hr check:{

Chuck Ellsworth
18th Aug 2004, 21:57
If anyone is interested you can get water training on a Dutch Registered PBY this summer for 3000.00 Euro's per flight hour.

That price includes my rate. :D

Chuck E.

NorthSouth
19th Aug 2004, 15:50
you can get water training Jeez, two thousand quid an hour just to sit on the water. You'd really have to like sailing for that price.

Monocock
19th Aug 2004, 16:15
If this rain keeps coming i'll need a float plane to get airborne off my strip....

Flyin'Dutch'
19th Aug 2004, 16:37
I must be thick.

Can't find it.

Can you do a link.

I know what you wrote but they prob don't read this far down.

;)

FD

PH-UKU
24th Aug 2004, 22:02
This seems to be err..... taking off .... 33 members joined in a week !

Does this mean that there is a lot of untapped floaty potential out there ? Must admit that anyone I've spoken to tries it once and is hooked.

So what is it about float flying ? (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scottishfloaters/)