PDA

View Full Version : CAA Charges..post April 1st.

squeakmail
21st Apr 2000, 07:58
Hi guys (and gals).

Wondered if you could tell me the price of application for PPL/RT (used to be £201 until 1st april), Night rating (£63), IMC rating (£63), multi (£63) and post ppl R/T (£63).

What have they risen to since April 1st?

------------------
LIVE in peace...or REST in it!

ULLRICH
21st Apr 2000, 18:30
Squekmail, The cost of a PPL is now only £143. However it is now only valid for 5 years.

squeakmail
21st Apr 2000, 19:52
Price gone down!!!!

Somebody must get fired from the CAA for that one.

BlueLine
21st Apr 2000, 23:04
From 1 Jan the licence has only been valid for 5 years. A RT licence is free to holders of a UK flight crew licence even if issued separately.

rolling circle
21st Apr 2000, 23:52
Consider a PPL gained at age 18 and maintained until age 58 (i.e. 40 years). Under the old rules that would have cost £201. Under the new rules the licence will have to be renewed every 5 years (7 times) costing a total of 7x£143 = £1001 (not including inflation or the mandatory bi-annual flight with an instructor). If you think that's a good deal, squeakmail, then I've got just the investment opportunity for you!

Of course if you want to maintain a multi-engine rating, that's another flight test every year.

squeakmail
22nd Apr 2000, 06:18
Ooooh, bitchy today, aren't we?

Make you feel good, does it? I was only being playful.

I also know of numerous cases were an R/T application made AFTER the application for the PPL was charged separately.

Now - if you have nothing polite or constructive to say....sod off.

ULLRICH
22nd Apr 2000, 11:24
Rolling circle your right it is another CAA rip off. I know of at least 2 ppl`s who passed the pre JAA written exams before July last year thinking they would get a lifetime ppl. They sent of the cheques for £201 and received a CAA ppl valid for 5 years but no return of the extra £58 they had paid. :mad:

Never mind as most of us hope to be ATPL`s eventually we probably wont be too worried about the cost of our ppl renewals http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

BlueLine
22nd Apr 2000, 21:35
The people who have been overcharged should ask for their money back then.
As the applicants for subsequent RT licences clearly haven't read the application form, which states quite clearly that it is free of charge, then they only have themselves to blame for sending money in the first place.

Rolling Circle the renewal charge is £56 not £143.