PDA

View Full Version : Finmere PPR after 31 August

bletchleytugie
15th Aug 2004, 18:49
Had to dop into Firmere for the first time today to retreive glider syndicate partner who had landed out:O (Can't laugh too loudly did the same myself earlier in the month)uhoh: :uhoh:

Any way to the point there is a note in the front of the booking in log that the airfield has been sold and will be ppr from September. Can't remember or not if there was a contact number - will see what I can find out .

AerBabe
15th Aug 2004, 23:07
I hope whoever has bought it will do Good Things with the place - it's quite a special opportunity for someone.

steve_moate
17th Aug 2004, 11:44
http://www.finmere-aerodrome.co.uk/

Go to 'Latest News' for the whole story. Things would appear to be OK for the moment, but planning apps adjacent to the field may finally close it.

Flyin'Dutch'
17th Aug 2004, 15:11
SM,

That was the situation last year but that threat is now gone, at least that is what I read in it!
Future of Finmere Aerodrome Secured - 23 February 2004

The operator of Finmere Aerodrome is delighted to announce that a planning appeal to use an adjoining part of the aerodrome as open car storage has been refused by the Planning Inspectorate. The proposal, which included 8 meter high lighting columns across the threshold of the active runway, would have caused the closure of the aerodrome

FD