PDA

View Full Version : Sydney to Grafton

Capt. J
15th Aug 2004, 02:04
Hello,

Last holidays, I went to Grafton to visit a few friends along with my family and a family friend. We are thinking of going there again this Christmas holiday. Altogether there were around 8 people and we chose to travel from Sydney to Grafton by train and it took around 8 hours. The seats on the trains weren't very spacious, they were very cramped together and the ride was very bumpy :*

By air, it would take around 1 hour which is a large difference from travelling by ground. I find travelling by air much better, but do not know any airlines that go to such a small airport. I was wondering whether REX does Sydney to Grafton route. Charter would cost too much and since we have 8 people, one aircraft wouldn't fit us all. Would appreciate if you could give me some advice.

Cheers,

Capt. J

ravan
15th Aug 2004, 08:15
Try a google search on Big Sky Express; they are out of Inverell I believe but I have been told they are starting a service out of Grafton.

Hope this helps.

HAMO
15th Aug 2004, 22:52
BigSky Express have taken over the SYD to Grafton and Taree routes from M**air this month using M23's.

With Rex you could fly from SYD to Lismore or Ballina, then drive down to Grafton.

www.bigskyexpress.com.au

www.rex.com.au

chief wiggum
16th Aug 2004, 03:59
M2's and 3's ... but not M23's

Hugh Jarse
16th Aug 2004, 09:56
Grafton is hardly a "small" airport...Unless you fly a B747...

And it will take you 25 mins from the airport to town in a taxi $$$.

When we used to take the Dash there, you used to get a discount if you ordered the "shared" taxi. Don't know if Grafton Cabs still do that or not.