PDA

View Full Version : Type Ratings on foreign licenses

Capt. Manuvar
14th Aug 2004, 19:38
I'm interested in Knowing how the type rating system works with regards to foreign licenses e.g if I have an Iraqi:} CPL and my employer sends me to the UK or USA for a typerating, do I end up with an Iraqi and FAA/CAA typerating or just an Iraqi one (since I only have an Iraqi CPL)?
Capt. M

LanFranc
14th Aug 2004, 20:25
It will depend on the authority of testing facility. If the facility where you do your training and testing has the authority to issue an Iraqi type rating, your test will be administered under that authority and the appropriate licence/type rating issued. If the facility has has only the authority to issue FAA licences/ratings, you will be required to have the appropriate paperwork and meet the appropriate requirements to be tested for, and issued, the FAA licence/rating.
Many airlines in the US, for example, use simulators in foreign countries but said sims must be certified by the FAA. The examiner adminstering tests in those sims must also have FAA authority through the FAA directly or through the airline.