PDA

View Full Version : Moth Rally @ Woburn Abbey

vintage ATCO
12th Aug 2004, 19:32
The weekend of 21/22 August sees the 24th International Moth Rally at Woburn Abbey, Bedfordshire. A super event in idyllic surroundings. Arrivals by air are restricted to Moffs or Chippies flown by dHMC members but visitors by road are very welcome.

Sir George Cayley
13th Aug 2004, 20:49
Arrivals by air are restricted to Moffs or Chippies flown by dHMC members

So a/c flown by non dHMC memebers are unrestricted - Yes?

Our clubs 150H is pretty old. Is that OK ?;)

Sir George Cayley

Seriously though hope it's a brill weekend with wx = scorchio

Shaggy Sheep Driver
14th Aug 2004, 17:28
The Red Chippy is booked :)

Presuming it's not tech, and still Barton based by next weekend (don't ask:( ) and the weather's good, we'll be there.

SSD

Wide-Body
14th Aug 2004, 18:55
Sir George

I am hoping it is not Scorchio, but a cool day. My Chippy has a cruise prop, great for aeros, not hot days, short strips and trees!! :ouch:

See you there on Sunday SSD :ok:

wide

PPPPP
14th Aug 2004, 20:24
Presuming it's not tech, and still Barton based by next weekend (don't ask ) and the weather's good, we'll be there.

Nooooo! That's my winter plan for getting a taildragger signoff and then begging a ride gone out the window.... Say it's not so.

vintage ATCO
15th Aug 2004, 06:19
Haven't seen a PPR request from you, SSD, but I think Moth Towers was going under at the back end of last week! :D

We've got you number, we won't turn you away :ok:

formationfoto
16th Aug 2004, 09:26
Hope to be there in Tiger Moth GANJA or failing that Chipmunk GAOSY (and no I havent requested PPR yet!). Probably aiming at Sunday but depends on others in the chippy group / owner of the Moth.

Great event. If you dont have the appropriate aircraft do try and get there by road.

EastMids
16th Aug 2004, 11:18
Sorry Vintage ATCO, Moth Club too stuffy / restrictive these days with respect to access for photography - not worth the bother any more IMHO.

A

vintage ATCO
16th Aug 2004, 16:36
Sorry too, EastMids, but there were far too many people airside last year, particularly during the flying display. That's why the restrictions have been brought in.