PDA

View Full Version : EASA costs you money !

A and C
13th Aug 2004, 18:51
EASA are pushing up the cost of your maintenance for no improvment in safety , as usual the EEC sponsored eurocrats are feathering there own nests and no doubt index linked pensions at the expence of you and I.

The latest stunt from EASA is to stop licenced engineers issuing "A"conditions certificates of fitness for flight ( these are used to fly aircraft for C of A airtests and to move aircraft for maintenance when checks have expired after an inspection by the issuing engineer ).

It would seem that now the engineer will have to apply to EASA to justify the flight and then when EASA issue the permit of course the engineer takes full technical responsability for the flight.

This is just unnessesary paperwork for paperworks sake and it's only posative result will be to keep shiny arses at EASA in a job and it can only push the costs up for the aircraft owner.

The next move from EASA will be to stop licenced engineers doing Annual checks that will soon have to be done by an approved company.

Also current rumour has it that EASA has engines running "on extention" ( IAW AN35) as there next target so if you are the owner of an aircraft that the engine is past TBO and is running on condition I would keep an extra £8000 or so in the bank for an engine overhaul.

bar shaker
13th Aug 2004, 18:56
From the very same people that brought you Mode S, which I recall you heartilly endorsed, A & C.

They publish their new plans for payment of the new EU airspace regs this month. That one should make good reading too.

A and C
13th Aug 2004, 19:03
Mode "S" can have advantages such as trafic and WX data link both of which have a flight safety payback.

The changes that I have outlined above have NO safety advantages and will only cost YOU money !.

bar shaker
13th Aug 2004, 19:20
I remain convinced that everything EASA does will be to pay the superannuated pensions of thousands of staff in a shiny glass tower somewhere. There will be no safety improvements but there will be lots of fat expense accounts and final salary pensions.

Can you point me to a document detailling when Wx will be available on Mode S and can you show a secondary radar equiped station that will not turn off GA Mode S, when we fill their screens like snow?

I have sympathy for your problem, but this is just the start. The gravy train has left the station.

Johnm
14th Aug 2004, 07:12
Letter N I think

ozplane
14th Aug 2004, 16:29
A and C, is the EASA proposal on C of A test-flights in place or is it a proposal at this stage? My puddlejumper is nearly off Star Annual/C of A and I guess I might get caught in this one. Hopefully EASA will delegate this to the CAA due to "staff shortages" i.e.not very many of them as yet.

A and C
14th Aug 2004, 17:13
As of 28th september the A conditons permit can't be issued by the engineer covering your aircraft , he will have to go to EASA for a permit ot fly if the C of A has run out.

The thinking is that the local CAA office will issue these for EASA but the system is not in place as of yet , of course the engineer will have to take full technical responasability for the aircraft , he just has to do far more paperwork for the aircraft to fly !.

The whole thing is just an EASA job creation excersise !.

ozplane
15th Aug 2004, 08:20
Thanks A and C. It looks like we're going to have to get the work complete by 28th September. As you say it's a job creation scheme of no safety value at all.

IO540
15th Aug 2004, 17:55
EASA seems to be a strange mixture. On the one hand we have this, on the other hand they have approved the Cirrus with its parachute which the CAA apparently swore they wouldn't touch over their dead body.