PDA

View Full Version : Info for CFIs at Flight Safety

rebel76
13th Feb 2000, 00:39
I am looking for additional information about Flight Safety's time building program. Has anyone worked as a CFI there? How long does it take, before one starts instructing, after the completing the CFI course? Any other info will be appreciated.

Capt Homesick
13th Feb 2000, 05:54
I spent almost 18 months working for FSI at Vero- thanking my lucky stars I was in the CAA department!
From arrival (as a zero- or low-time student) to working as a CFI seemed to be about a year- some of that was spent on non-flying jobs around the school. By the time I left (November '98) many of the CFIs were leaving with around 500-1000 hours tt (ie, the commuter companies were accepting this level of experience).
Pay was terrible (one CFI earned less than $100 in a bad week), although I've heard of worse. For a while, working conditions were a bit harsh- possibly this has improved under the new Chief Pilot. The Centre Manager is a really nice guy, ex-Test Pilot, he's been there and done that!
Sorry I can't give you anything more specific, being CAA I arrived qualified, earned a good salary, and had more fun!