PDA

View Full Version : ATPL study courses

AV8 consultants
9th Feb 2000, 10:00
I am looking at undertaking a ATPL course and I was wondering if anyone in Perth Western Australia knows of a good ATPL course.I have heard that a course held by a Rob Avery is worth while, is that true.Is correspondance an option as I have heard you need to actually attend a course to succeed in the exams.Any comments welcome.

Turbofan
10th Feb 2000, 03:50
You'll probably need to do a course to get by flight-planning. That's been the way for everyone I've spoken to. Nav., and Perf. & Loading are a little like flight-planning in that they have process type questions (sums, maths, equations), but they're not overly difficult. You could most likely get by them by just doing self study. That goes for all the exams except flight-planning.

Go to the CASA web-site and download the required reading list for ATPL theory. The textbooks with an asterisk next to them denote the ones that questions are taken from (I believe...). Study those books, know them back to front, and you should be right.

And remember that from the date you sit your first exam (pass or fail) you only have 3 years to pass all 7, or you lose all credit for those already passed. A point a lot of people unfortunately aren't aware of.

Regards,

Turbofan