PDA

View Full Version : JAR and Ireland

Dewdrop
12th Aug 2004, 07:18
OK I know before I ask that this is going to be a really stupid question but here I go. I passed my PPL(A) JAR in the UK last Oct and have logged around 80 hours total, I am now working in Ireland where I anticipate doing my flying. As my licence is a JAR one issued by the CAA will all my Irish hours count toward staying current? i.e the same as if I was flying in England?

skydriller
12th Aug 2004, 08:32
As far as I am aware, hours count no matter where in the world they are logged.

I live in France now with a CAA issued JAR licence, for the last 3-4 years I have not flown in the UK, but have flown in France, USA, Malta & Germany in Aeroplanes registered in those countries. No problem getting my Licence renewed (twice now) and both times with a French Instructor/Examiner signing off my licence. Proceedure was I contacted the CAA in advance, they pointed me to the correct form on the internet to download and I had the French guy fill it in and sign it, then sent it off to the CAA.

I am about to get my medical done here, CAA very helpfull, said get a couple of copies off the French doc, including ECG, then sent the lot off to them and they would sort it. I am about to contact the local doc and arrange a visit/ check he does JAR Medicals.

Regards, SD..

PS Anybody any experience getting a medical abroard (more specifically in France) as I am about to do??

Mark 1
12th Aug 2004, 12:38
There are quite a few CAA approved AMEs all over the world.
They are all listed on the CAA, SRG web site (search for AME list).

I've had a class 1 renewal in Pretoria from one at about half the UK price.

skydriller
7th Sep 2004, 13:48
Just to follow on from my previous post above, I had a local French DGAC authorised Doc give me a Medical here in France 2 weeks ago. Imediately sent off the French cert. and ECG to Gatwick as the nice lady on the phone advised.

Just recieved a CAA issued Medical and the original French one back in the post.......thats less than 2 weeks....so well done CAA!:ok: I am a great believer in credit where it is due, and so far the CAA have been very helpful & informative when Ive contacted them regarding my situation over the last 2/3 years.

Come February the my JAR Licence is 5 years old and needs renewing, heres hoping thats just as simple!!

Regards, SD.:cool: