PDA

View Full Version : Employment

Stiff Under Carriage
26th Nov 1999, 13:19
I am currently just about to finish my instructor rating, and I'm inquiring about employment in Australia..

Any leads??

------------------
Success is a Journey, Not a Destination.

weasil
26th Nov 1999, 17:01
Scone Aero Club is seeking a new instructor. Col Pay is the CFI. send me an email if you are interested.

Weasil. http://users.hunterlink.net.au/~dfckm/SAC.htm Scone Aero Club on the net.

------------------
"eagles may soar but weasils don't get sucked into jet engines..."
http://users.hunterlink.net.au/~dfckm/weasil.htm

Stiff Under Carriage
27th Nov 1999, 10:17
Thanks very much weasil - Check your email.

------------------

Airprox
27th Nov 1999, 14:28
The most fun I had when instructing was when I taught RAF cadets. Each summer about five different schools around the country provide 20 hours flying to these RAF cadets. Tayside avaition based at Dundee is the main contractor phone him due to the size of his operation and his location he finds it hard to get enough instructors (If you don't want to move to Scotland he should be able to give you the names and phone numbers of the other cadet schools).
The only down side for you is you need 100 hours instructional and also pass a check flight with CFS (Not as bad as you may imagine, but they do have different techniques, which are pretty good). The job in most cases is only temperary (for the summer) but pays well (for Instructing!) and your hours will shoot up very quickly.
Still phone up the schools even if you haven't got the 100 hours instructional, they may have all there experienced guys teaching the cadets, so you can teach the PPLs and once getting 100 hours move into the cadet side.

If you don't mind moving, do it. I've never had so much fun (Its also hard work the max flying in one day was 8.5 hours).

Thumperdown
28th Nov 1999, 04:43
Ulster Flying Club will be looking for a new full timer soon - The Rev Al has got a job!Phone them at 01247 813327 and ask for Jan

Meeb
29th Nov 1999, 02:05
Guys, you have gone way off on a tangent on this one, SUC is seeking a job in Australia, last time I looked it was not within commuting distance of Scotland! :)
(Wish it was, then I could work here and live in the best country on the planet!)

Stiff Under Carriage
29th Nov 1999, 14:43
Meeb, thanks for noticing, the distance between here Aust. and Scot. But I guess its also nice to find out what it happening elsewhere.

Keep up the good work.

------------------