PDA

View Full Version : Hiring a spanish plane

tomcs
10th Aug 2004, 17:57
Hi,

I have a question.

I have a JAR Frozen ATPL issued in the UK. I want to fly to spain (easyjet or something) and then hire a C172 once i get out there?

I dont have a copy of lasors here so I need to know is it possible for me to fly an EC registered aeroplane in spain? I assume it is...provided i remain within spanish airspace (2 of 3 rule)

And also...does anyone have any tips for flying in spain.

Cheers

Tom

carbar
11th Aug 2004, 19:08
I was in Spain earlier this year and hired a Spain-registered 172 from Alicante airport no problem, and me just a humble PPL

If you are interested, let me know and I'll dig out the email address of the bloke that organised it for me.

Andy_R
11th Aug 2004, 20:45
Not till next Easter and in The Algarve rather than Spain, but what is involved with hiring in Europe? Does it vary country to country or if one has a JAA PPL can one just walk in and hire a plane, assuming one's logbook shows one is current?

Would be good to fly along the coast next year :cool:

carbar
12th Aug 2004, 06:17
In my case, I had a very basic check ride first (I hadn't flown a 172 before), but otherwise, yes.

S-Works
12th Aug 2004, 09:06
As long as you have a current JAR licence and medical the Spanish are very accomodating. I have a friend out in Menorca who is flying in a rented 172 around the islands as I speak.

For what it is worth an ATPL especially a fATPL does not give you an extra benefits over a PPL when renting an SEP (other than being able to tell others you have one.....:p )