PDA

View Full Version : UK CLASS II MEDICALS

BEagle
30th Jan 2000, 16:39
Interesting talking to my AME the other day. I operate on a R/BCPL because that's all I need, so when I went to renew my medical, I checked with the CAA first and yes, the UK Class 2 still exists. It was originally intended that it would disappear in June 00 when they stopped issuing BCPLs, but it seems that there may be a stay of execution - 'Nothing has yet been finally decided' is what I was told. This is because the CAA might be guilty of destroying the livelihood of those who cannot meet the requirements of the JAR Class 1, for no sound reason other than their love of Eurocracy - and the medics aren't happy to be a party to that!!. It took a while for the AME to find one of the old forms and a bit of carbon paper, but at least I won't need another medical in 6 months' time as the new certificate (when the Belgrano gets round to issuing it) should be valid until Jan 01.

[This message has been edited by BEagle (edited 30 January 2000).]

StrateandLevel
30th Jan 2000, 17:31
Come now BEagle you don't expect an AME to be speaking the same language as the medical department. Do you really believe they have any of the cream cards left? or that they will send you one. My money says that they will throw it out and ask for JAR-FCL paperwork.

BEagle
30th Jan 2000, 18:38
Fortunately for me the AME rang Gatwick in my presence and they confirmed that it was the old form that they wanted. Which was a bit of a shame as I'd just spent 10 minutes filling in one of the new ones!!