PDA

View Full Version : I can smell it - almost taste it!

Sam the man
9th Aug 2004, 17:30
:O :O

Yesterday was a flying day i will never forget and whilst it's at the risk of posting a 'recurrent thread that makes you lose the will to live' theme I can't keep it to myself.

Arrived at the flying club for 9.00. Gorgeous day in wonderful Norfolk.

Took Nav exam in extremely hot room and passed. Not much you may say but believe me i'm not the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to exams so was very pleased with myself.

It was quite hazy but CFI and instructor signed me off for the QXC.
I've done some things in my life that have made me very nervous but this took the biscuit. It wasn't the navigating or the landings that was making me nervous it was the approaches.

Waved off first landing at Cambridge, immediately went to dead side for brownie points and landed fine at second attempt. First one done and signed of.
Next to Southend. Landing not my greatest but it counted.
Now i'm not sure if Southend were having fun with a Student but as I was taxing to end of 06 they asked me to vacate left immediately as I was approaching a 737 engine testing!
Jesus. I'd passed that 100 yards back on TWY B. Did as I was told and sat there like a numbnut. Then the message came to disregard the previous request! Nice one fellas - I had to smile.;)

That one done and dusted it was back to Old Buck for the smoothest landing of the day and many Pints of Murphys.

Cheers to Nick my flying instructor. It was good not to let him down.

BRL
9th Aug 2004, 17:36
Well done Sam, good result there. Nerves eh, can't even have a stiff drink beforehand can you..!!! Well done. :ok:

stiknruda
9th Aug 2004, 18:28
"but believe me i'm not the sharpest tool in the box"

I'll second that. STILL waiting for my mugs with the pic that Trixie wears on her chest!

Well done anyway!

Stik

2close
9th Aug 2004, 22:34
Well done 'Sam'. Hope the Murphys went down well.

murphy1901
9th Aug 2004, 23:02
Hope the Murphys went down well.

I resemble that remark. :}

Well done Sam! :ok:

LowNSlow
10th Aug 2004, 05:06
Well done Sam, here's hoping that you get the magic brown book before the weather turns brown :ok: :ok:

Stik, who's Trixie and what's the pic on her chest ?????

Sam the man
10th Aug 2004, 12:33
Ah - Trixies chest!

Well, I have to be careful since I work with both her and her good man but suffice to say that Trix is an impressive lady!

Can't put a pic up as it would almost be an advert!

Stiknruda - any ideas who was doing aeros over North Lopham/Garboldisham/Kenninghall last Friday evening?

They were wonderfully smooth and precise. I sat and enjoyed them for half an hour.

Your always welcome overhead at North Lopham!(Nr Diss for any other aero pilots who would like a keen audience.)

stiknruda
10th Aug 2004, 13:24
I generally avoid that area as it is quite close to Priory Fm and Old Buck as well as the private strip at N Lopham itself. HAve a mate who lives just west of Kenninghall and occasionally play over his way. He saw the same chap on Friday evening but said it was a monoplane.

Smooth aeros - couldn't have been me, I'm generally green after about 5 mins, anyway!

Don't see how that pic of Trixie could be advertising anything but my biplane!

Tell you what, send me £20 and I'll forget the mugs!

Stik

BRL
10th Aug 2004, 14:16
Err, send us twenty quid and you can post the picture and I can waive the advertising rule..!!! :D

formationfoto
11th Aug 2004, 08:51
Come on Sam - get the man his mugs. If you can navigate from old Buck to Cambridge, Soputhend, and to Old Buck again landing safely at each intermediate point you should be able to arrange for a couple of mugs to be produced :-)

Can I have two mugs of Trxies chest - forget the purple Pitts thing!

Sam the man
11th Aug 2004, 12:18
Mugs are sorted!

Now FF, I'd expect better from you!

But since you asked!

I've asked Trix (used to be a lingerie model!) and she's game for a laugh so is going home at lunch time to get a t shirt with no advertising on it (thanks BRL but don't want to be seen as using the fab site for commercial gain).

I'll post before I go home today.

stiknruda
11th Aug 2004, 19:01
"I'll post before I go home today."

Jeez, Sam you sure work a long day, it's just gone 8pm.

I do hope that said mugs have bumps in the right places a la T-shirt!

Stik
:)

formationfoto
12th Aug 2004, 07:44
I didnt think one mug would provide sufficient surface area to do justice to the subject.

I must add (for fear of losing half of my flying toys to the divorce system) that Trixie is an extremely nice person and my interest is purely professional (I accept that my chosen profession is not that which i get paid to do but in life you can't have everything).

Anyone need a highly experienced expert in intelligent, beautiful, and well proportioned women?)

stiknruda
18th Aug 2004, 17:47
Scroll down 3 posts and Sam the Man will tempt you with a photo that you'd probably love on your hangar/workshop wall.......

Well all I can say is that he does eventually deliver - just back from a 4 day foray across La Manche in my single seater looking for some sport and lo and behold, a package from Sam with said mugs.:ok:

Given that I ordered them at Aerofair, chased him up at the PFA Rally, nagged him again at Old Buck open day all I can say is the that he'll probably post promised piccy of Trixie's norks in a non-advertising stylie sometime shortly after she collects her first OAP bus pass.:=

Mugs are absolutely super - can't imagine that a geriatric in a Tshirt would elicit the same response! :)

Just enjoying a sip of Haut Medoc that was gifted to me in Caen from one of Sam's mugs:cool:

Stik

Sam the man
19th Aug 2004, 08:51
Cheers Stik - I knew we 'd find the picture you were after eventually!

As for the other picture - i'm afraid it's stalled. First it was a definate yes but now........

Stik - good to hear you made it to Lydd on fumes!